I Am More

Happy National Poetry Month!

I am happy to say that I have  finally linked all of the poems shared on this blog in one place- You can find them by hovering over the Writing {is} Life tab or clicking HERE.

Tonight I am joining with fellow poets at dVerse Poets Pub and sharing a fresh from the pen and out of the journal poem which I wrote Tuesday.

Enjoy!

I Am More

My day is more than

walk the dog,

sweep the floor,

do the dishes.

I am a woman

I create goodness,

knit kindness

together with love,

nourish souls.

I am more than

dirty laundry and dinner;

“Pretty please?”

and “Where are the keys?”

I am more than

a star-filled night

sunrise, blue skies, daylight

and the ocean that teems with life.

I am a complex blend,

smooth on the palate.

I breathe life,

am energy incarnate-

inspired!

I am a woman, and I am more.

©Dawn Paoletta

Happily linking for Open Link Night with my friends at dVerse Poets Pub . I missed my local writer’s group today due to a  morning mishap of the domestic kind. It may have had to due with groceries and a broken Fridge shelf at the last possible minute. Sigh. Glad to know there is always a place at the pub for me when days go awry! lol.

Linking also with friends:

Create with Joy

1. Mary
    Apr 09, 2015 @ 17:55:45

This is a wonderfully empowering poem, Dawn. One is definitely more than one’s tasks. One is complex and beautiful……and inspired AND inspiring. This poem makes me feel STRONG!

2. Andrea
    Apr 09, 2015 @ 20:23:15

3. Grace
    Apr 09, 2015 @ 20:26:25

I love the ending line: I am a woman, and I am more.

Cheering here 🙂

4. kanzensakura
    Apr 09, 2015 @ 21:17:27

Wonderful. yes, we women all are more. I felt myself smiling more and more as I read this. Thank you.

5. Dusty Writes
    Apr 09, 2015 @ 23:47:09

I love this–women are SO MUCH MORE!

6. billgncs
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 00:18:08

Indeed, since my days as an inner-city girls basketball coach I have always believed the women civilize the men. So yes, you’re the foundation of civilization.

7. C.C.
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 00:37:07

I love the strength and empowerment in this poem…..and the reminder to self 🙂

8. Barbara
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 10:45:12

Oh yes, Dawn! We ARE more than what we do! Thanks for sharing your poetry…LOVE reading it!! Will come back soon and read through the section that you created for your poetry. I have actually shared a couple of mine the past week or so…one written in 2012 (I think) and the other written just a few days ago. Looking forward to reading yours…

9. Myrna
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 13:51:18

If you wrote this after you missed your meeting, then I’m convinced you were meant to miss it. I’m glad this poem was written. It is powerful and empowering. So glad I stopped by to read this.

10. Desmond, Anthony (@iamEPanthony)
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 17:17:54

Indeed… women rule the world. We wouldn’t be here without ya, ladies 🙂

11. Alex Dissing
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 17:33:44

I echo Anthony’s sentiments! The world would truly be in ruins if it wasn’t for women.

12. Amanda (@Airman2mom)
    Apr 11, 2015 @ 00:19:40

This was beautiful. 🙂

13. Björn Rudberg (brudberg)
    Apr 11, 2015 @ 01:04:20

I hope we all are such complex beings – we need to be something more.. But somehow we are always molded to restrictions.

14. MarinaSofia
    Apr 11, 2015 @ 15:24:43

You are indeed! I like the empowering message in this one – and I hope that everyone recognises you as more than the ‘servant soul’.

15. lynn__
    Apr 11, 2015 @ 20:49:27

This is positively powerful, Dawn…I feel the energy!

16. Trackback: Random Acts of Poetry Day (I know, right?) | Enthusiastically, Dawn