Marriage: A Holy Mess (5MF)

reallifewife2ndchoice

Marriage isn’t perfect, because people aren’t perfect. So I ask myself why would I expect  perfection when there might be more right here in the messy reality. I think there was a time, ya know, BM…Before Marriage (not Bowel Movement) when I thought  there were certain things that guarenteed security, in marriage and life. And friends, I say this to myself and you, even if you think you know it already because we need to remind ourselves… there are no guarentees in life. We are not promised that we will live a pain free, perfect life. We follow one who walked through agony to secure our future and He does not promise that all our childhood dreams will be fulfilled, because He has His own King Sized Vision for us. He sees beyond our current “mess”. He sees us in His holiness, robed in fine linen of white. He sees beyond our mess into the beauty of  Holiness…His glory!

To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27

Five Minute Friday

1. shortybear
    May 01, 2014 @ 22:34:56

Amen, very well said my friend.

2. Meredith Bernard
    May 01, 2014 @ 22:38:27

Oh, yes, marriage is a holy mess, isn’t it? Mine was a BIG one today. :O And this you say, “So I ask myself why would I expect perfection when there might be more right here in the messy reality.” This makes me think. And I’ll keep thinking on it because I really like this thought. Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing. Your fellow FMF friend, Meredith

3. Abby
    May 01, 2014 @ 22:45:19

Loved all the ending. Love your heart…and yes, what He sees is all that matters! Amen & Amen!

4. AbigailAlleman
    May 01, 2014 @ 22:46:52

Love the last paragraph. Your heart. And YES it’s what He sees…that’s all that counts in the end. Amen & Amen!! {and the marriage stuff too}

5. kate@wifemotherexpletiving.blogspot.com
    May 02, 2014 @ 08:31:29

geez, must’ve been something in the air this morning, we had a big hotmess marriage morning over here too… shoooooot. stinky.

6. Julie Lefebure
    May 02, 2014 @ 10:21:57

Great post today! Love your transparency and truth! Happy Messy Friday!

7. ~Karrilee~
    May 02, 2014 @ 11:45:30

Amen, my friend! So thankful that He sees us and has plans for us that are good… even if (when) they include a path that does not always feell so good to get us there!