So You Wanna Be A Writer…

IMG_7317-001

Is it ironic that this 5 Minute Friday Writing Exercise is on the prompt Write?

#

Because, it seems that I am being pulled under in the most glorious way, and I seriously don’t think I want to come up for air. I’m ready to be submerged. To give myself completely over to this one thing. I have spent the last week transitioning from one Blogging platform to another and fretting over all of the things I don’t know. Why? Because, every single thing I fretted over went off without a hitch. The sisterhood in the Blogosphere shining forth bright and beautiful once more. Oh, me of little faith. I know. But then, this…today. The blessing of being invited to sit in on a group with this one amazing Book Coach and inspiring woman, only to find myself surrounded by published authors. All but one. Who was an editor. Really God? Ha. Of course, we had to go around the room and introduce ourselves, and me, “Hi, I’m Dawn and I have a Blog”. HA! But, I want to publish a book…actually a dozen.” Uproarious laughter? No, just lots of camaraderie. As each one of them shared their published books, and I sat thinking  about all of the amazing, wonderful possibilities in this one room. There I was with so much inspiration in that room, and I felt like a wide-eyed kid, at a candy store…no a puppy store. Each writer like an exuberant puppy bubbling over with wisdom, inspiration and creativity. Even licking my face, an encouraging welcome, cheering me on to possibility.

#

Oh, what a blessed morning I had, spending time with a truly amazing group of writers. Lisa Tener is speaking at the San Francisco Writing Conference which is being held on February 13th -16th, and she invited this Someday Soon to be Published Author to come sit in on her practice presentation with a group of her clients and colleagues. Still living in the WOW of the moment and day! Happy Friday night, Writing Friends!

On Friday we write for 5 Minutes and lay off the analyzing, just let it rip…so pardon the lack of editing. Join us?

Five Minute Friday

1. Mandy
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 21:17:25

Hi! I’m visiting from Five Minute Friday. Thanks for writing! = )

2. susieklein
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 22:18:41

So cool that you got to be with such a group! Susie

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Feb 07, 2014 @ 22:45:54

I wish you could have been there, it was really amazing. And Lisa…seriously- she is a truly excellent speaker with so much to share worth hearing. God just loves me special through her! He keeps egging me on!

• Lisa Tener (@LisaTener)
        Feb 08, 2014 @ 23:33:44

Wow, Dawn, I was so touched to see this. It was so much fun to practice the presentation with such an awesome group of friends, clients and colleagues. I am equally grateful for the awesomely helpful feedback I received. My presentation will be so much better because of you and the others! Thank you–and thanks for sharing about it as well. There are still spots in San Francisco!

3. Barbie
    Feb 08, 2014 @ 04:02:58

At first, I thought you were going to say you were coming to San Francisco. (Insert squeal here!) But perhaps one day! I am so thankful for you, for your words, for your friendship. Thank you for always challenging me. I have no doubt you have several books up your sleeves!

4. dawnmaurice
    Feb 08, 2014 @ 06:19:29

You can do it!! Live that dream!