Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
Henry David Thoreau
How often do you think about the way you’re living life? Better still how about how you are planning your days? I think perspective change comes at us in a variety of ways. It can be thrust upon us, as in an emergency, or it can creep up on us slowly.
Sometimes we don’t realize we’ve shifted for better or worse. Sometimes we do, but we don’t know how to get a footing back to gain our vision and readjust our eyesight to accommodate or adapt as needed.
This past January our family was displaced due to a sewer back up which had me re-thinking my ideas for the new year. Being displaced suddenly caused me to reconsider what matters most and least to me. It allowed me the abrupt opportunity to consider anew if I was living the life I imagined…and what was good, bad and ugly about it…and me. We’re still dealing with some of the fallout from the home catastrophe but we are moving ahead toward that new horizon in the distance. Slowly.
A few things I want to bring to your attention:
- Planner Boot Camp is scheduled for April 1- May 6. To get the details you need to sign up HERE.
- A Reunion: Random Journal Day will be having a reunion! Stay tuned for that announcement soon! Get ready to share your journals- All are welcome!
- Journaling for Discovery and Delight has been getting great reviews! I am truly grateful. I am praying and seeking a special opportunity to allow these books to be used to serve as a practical way to empower and encourage women by using the simple journaling prompts for creative writing and personal growth. Stay tuned and pray for me as God directs these uncharted paths!
- Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes: Blog Update? Enthusiastically, Dawn will be getting a fresh new look. Both the blog and I need a BIG makeover, but we will take some baby steps. I will share this soon.
- Last but definitely not least, I want to share my latest online article published in Paper Planning Magazine: Thinking Through Your Planning Process . If you are a Planner or Journal lover, Carie Harling’s online magazine will be a happy discovery for you. I also tackle the Thoreau journaling prompt there. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Planning and Living the Life You’ve Imagined?”
Good thoughts and reminders about how we look at our days. I am a planner for the daily stuff but did not plan my life much. We just followed where the path led and are still doing that. I will say that not planning for retirement is a huge regret right now.
You’ve given me the “umf” to write post about something I’ve really been thinking about lately. How many people have went their entire lives but have never lived? How much of us just go from day to day doing the “getting by” thing or just looking forward to the weekends, etc…? It’s part of happiness to do something that you only dream about. Great post! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Comments are closed.