Hello Journaling Friends! Today marks the first full week of our journey! I hope you are enjoying the prompts. I am hoping to make a few videos this week but do you have any questions? Are you facing any obstacles? My biggest obstacle is …ME.
What I mean by that is sometimes I make a mountain out of a molehill and I need to remember to take the notebook and pen…and “Just Sit”. Don’t disregard the beauty and simplicity of that pen and paper. Don’t make the journey a mountain!
If you are feeling stuck, try these “UN- sticking techniques:
- question the prompt
- sit in a different place to write
- journal your prompt before bed or first thing in the morning
- act out the prompt (not always!) – today is food…journal while you enjoy a solo snack or meal
- write only the part of the prompt whether word or sentence that resonates or is calling, into your journal page to start
- use the image only as your prompt
Here we go…
What comes to your mind when I say “Feast”. Is it famine? Thanksgiving with its lush spread? Do you imagine Castles, Kings and Queens? Or do you immediately imagine lavishly overflowing tables full of food as in the Harry Potter scenes where the students gather to eat anything but cafeteria food, thanks to Dumbledorf’s magic. Whatever comes to your mind, here is your chance to create an imaginary feast or remember a shared feast among friends. A feast usually commemorates an event or person, is an abundant and rich meal and can have entertainment with many guests or simply be a feast set before one or for two…
You get to choose all the food and courses to be served at a sumptuous feast. You choose the decor, the entertainment, every last detail! Describe it all, invite whomever you’d like – and since this is imaginary, don’t hold back there! It can be as simple or decadent as you’d like. It can be spiritual or hedonistic. Let your writing lead you and enjoy the journey!
1. You have just been given your own Cooking/Food Show. Your budget is unlimited. (Ha!) You can choose the kitchen decor for the show, you can choose and describe the focus and theme, you can be as creative as your heart desires. Are you a Giada, Barefoot Contessa or Buddy Valastro? Do you host a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or Semi-Homemade style of show? Do you favor Alton Brown or Paula Deen for style…if you enjoy cooking shows, you can have fun exploring your faves or create your own unique style and perspective! Take it wherever it leads. Don’t be afraid to use dialogue in your writing to help us see your persona.
Springboard off of any of the following quotes:
Marriage is a feast where the grace is sometimes better than the dinner.
Charles Caleb Colton
It always depresses me when people moan about how commercial Christmas is. I love everything about it. The tradition of having this great big feast, slap bang in the middle of winter, is an essential thing to look forward to at the end of the year.
Richard E. Grant
If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.
MMM… I’m getting hungry already? What’s cooking? Or rather what’s marinating in your mind? Write away Journal Keepers!
To find out more or see all posts for the 21 Days of Journaling July Click HERE
I would love to see your journals, posts and social media shares – if you use the hashtag: #21dayjij I will find you and we all can find one another!
Questions or concerns? E-mail me at email@example.com