Days of March

WP_20140304_15_50_17_Pro

Wednesday night in bed, before falling asleep, I wrote a journal entry which read like a poem to sum up these days of March.

I tweaked it a bit after reading Victoria’s post at dVerse today.  She is asking poets to play with verb usage.

Not sure I hit it, but you can see my effort and original draft below…

My days are not my own,

winding, turning, twisting,

as they will-

so many things

beyond my control

determine what I’m doing,

not doing.

My days blur-

sunlight through trees,

on a sunny morning…

fleeting.

WP_20150319_13_01_32_Pro

1. enthusiasticallydawn
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:28:30

ooooh, I should have changed determine to determining….I am reading the the offerings at dVerse and my poetry juices are flowing!

• Kim Cooley
      Mar 19, 2015 @ 14:01:15

Yes, Dawn, determining would sound good. he poem, your creative juices are flowing. I use to write poetry

2. homemakersjourney
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:36:07

That is great Dawn

3. Mary
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 14:03:08

Oh, some days DO become a blur, don’t they? So much to do on a sunny morning..

4. claudia
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 14:21:20

oy – the days surely have their own will – and it’s good to take them as they come and make the best of everything…

5. enthusiasticallydawn
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 14:26:44

Another adjustment, I actually changed like a blur to blur, but then forgot to actually change it for the post! Adjusted…

6. Victoria C. Slotto
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 14:53:30

Hey, Dawn–were you peeking in my journal? There are those blur-moments in life, aren’t there…as you’ve expressed so well.

7. kanzensakura
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 15:01:00

Life is truly a blur and they go too quickly it seems. And then they are a blur because they are so boooorrrrring and unmemorable….I am happy to find out I am not alone with days like these. dVerse really does get one thinking!

8. katiemiafrederick
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 16:31:59

Ah.. to not own time is to live for now.. a journal of pleasing the past or the future.. may not always seem to be now.. the time is not yesterday or tomorrow or never now.. as without time there is simply.. always now..:)

9. Björn Rudberg (brudberg)
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 16:34:13

The feeling that the days are slipping like water through a sieve.. Great that you actually had it written there… ha.. 🙂

10. Grace
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 17:12:32

I can relate to those blurry moments ~ Good one Dawn ~

11. dkirkstokes
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 17:23:02

This strikes home. I am bad about delaying my journal entries for a few days, and it’s always a struggle to see through the blur, after even just a couple of days. I do keep a pad by the bed for night thoughts and errant poetry. I take heart from the fact that if life’s a blur, then something must be happening! : )

12. The Course of Our Seasons
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 19:40:06

Oh these lines really resonated with me!
    ‘so many things
    beyond my control
    determine what I’m doing,
    not doing.’
    there are so, so many things!
    Thanks for sharing this – showing the original is very cool!

13. kelrohlf
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 21:01:02

fun challenge to play with verb usuage…I like blur because it can be a noun and verb…a verby noun! I always wonder which tense of a verb has the most impact…present, past or “ing” versions…I kind of felt the movement of the “ing” versions but also like the quick “punches” of the present tense version in your journal…kind of hitting me to wake up from the blur…and the blahs of March 🙂

14. Barbara
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 22:07:30

Love it Dawn! I need to get my creative juices flowing and try to write more poetry…the truth is, I haven’t been writing much lately! Need to get my Tuesday @ Ten post written – the word is STRENGTH (I should be able to DO THIS ONE!!); and it’s time to see what the Five Minute Friday word is…oh, well!!

Thanks for sharing your journal, your poetry!!

15. othermary
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 11:15:15

That’s lovely!

16. Delaina Miller (@DelainaMiller)
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 17:05:21

There are days when we feel like spinning tops stopping only from exhaustion rather than completion. I guess that is why life is a journey instead of a marathon. Great poem!