All of my Big is God (RJD December 2014)

WP_20141205_10_36_07_Pro

I am doing something I do not normally do here for the Random Journal Day Link up, sharing the morning page from my journal today. Usually I dig out something from the archives. Something not as fresh from the pen, and  heart. But this morning as I enjoyed my usual journal/quiet time, the words came forth as they often do…and it so reflected my writing process, I knew I would share the poem, but I thought…”Why not?” Why not share it for RJD? So here you have fresh from my pen and heart, my God magnified. I pray this poem blesses you. I thank God for meeting me on the pages of my journal, each day on this journey. He is faithful. He gives abundantly and satisfies my soul, daily. All praise, glory and honor to Him who sits on the throne.

WP_20141205_10_35_35_Pro

All of my Big is God

I live in a small state…

the smallest.

Am small myself,

not the tallest.

In a small home I do dwell

still, within my soul,

all is well.

Smaller still is my plan

to remain a child as long as I can.

Although not childish,

understand-

following my King’s holy commands;

Walking with the risen Son,

who offers freedom,

forgetting none.

Though some may reject His offer true,

those who receive Him are made new.

Becoming less, small and free,

entering into eternity.

Seeing a kingdom hidden from

those who surrender to the unholy one.

Believing the lie that being

big, big, bigger, still

is the drug of choice-

one’s own will,

rejoicing in self-centeredness

rejecting God’s Righteousness,

calling evil good

they do,

and good to them is just not true-

speaking in circles, spinning round

attacking Him with thorny crown.

Still this Savior

pleads,

pursues

sending prophets to share His news

of endless love He secured

so of sin,

we could be cured,

put in place

before the fall-

something mighty big

from something small.

I often pen poems spontaneously during my quiet time. I leave myself open to God as I write in my journal each morning. He always brings new insights and inspiration. This poem was prompted as I contemplated my morning Bible reading. The first words I wrote I used as the title for the poem, but I almost called it simply, Small.

Please, join us for Random Journal Day where we share a peek into our journals.

1. dawnmaurice
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 06:06:27

Love this ❤ I miss writing when I read your poetry…beautiful!

2. Barbara
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 09:32:35

Love the idea of randomly choosing an entry from a journal – I can see myself pulling out a journal from years ago and choosing an entry to share! But, I love the flexibility that you “broke the rules” (ARE there any rules???) and chose to use today’s entry. I love how the words of your poem flow…I tried to write a poem for the 1st Blogmas entry but it didn’t work out; so just wrote! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the 21 Days of Journaling January (Random Journal?!). That should be interesting to see what we come up with!!

3. susieklein
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 10:34:46

I love this Dawn. This will give you a giggle, as I read it, I kept hearing it as a rap. Rap it girl!!! 🙂

4. Heather
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 10:59:44

I need to start writing more spontaneously again. I’ve let things get so busy, I hardly know what quiet time is anymore. I need to stop.

5. kelrohlf
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 20:52:15

I heard the rap, too…and I feel much better about breaking the rules now that you did 🙂
    great poem by the way…small would be a good title but I like the one you chose…it drew me in

6. Carolyn Wiley
    Dec 07, 2014 @ 02:24:41

I love this, too, Dawn! Smallness is a beautiful word in this context! I often use the word ‘hidden’ in the same way. Thank you– as always– for your creative way of seeing the world that captures and expands my vision of God!

7. Cecelia Lester
    Dec 07, 2014 @ 16:15:54

Dawn: This is so sweet. so touching. I haven’t written poetry for some time. Yours is always inspiring.

8. lynn__
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 15:14:03

“To remain a child as long as i can”…to adore, believe, follow with child-like faith, yes!