When One Word Becomes a Song (Release by Helen Jane Long)

Credit

Little did I know that when I picked my One Word, Release, this year, it would come complete with a theme song which was provocatively perfect! As I was listening to Pandora one day, I found myself drawn to an unfamiliar melody. I sauntered over to hit the thumbs up button when to my surprise I noticed the tune playing which had captured my attention was titled Release and was from an album called Porcelain by Helen Jane Long . Listening in stillness, entranced by the beautiful complexity of the music playing, I felt as though I received a gift. Once I began exploring more of Helen’s music I realized that I had a new favorite artist for 2013.

This musical rendition of Release is hauntingly mysterious.

It reminds me of the way God invites each of us into a uniquely beautiful path; just as a musical piece is intricately woven together, His good and perfect will is both complex, and masterfully orchestrated in our lives. We just need to tune our ear to His perfect lead, and follow the melody of His song for us.

I am learning to let go of that which is no longer useful to me on my journey.

I am also learning that sometimes to walk away is grace.

People, Places, Things.
All belong to Him.

I keep nothing for myself – this is the gift and beauty of my journey.
This is the gift that leads to freedom.

And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

Please listen to this exquisite piece of music by Helen Jane Long and be blessed.
Click Here if you are joining in via e-mail.
Release:

Below is a video of Helen playing live with full orchestra.
Porcelain:

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,”script”,”twitter-wjs”);

Linking with Melanie at Only a Breath for the One Word Monthly Link-Up

Mar 07, 2013 @ 09:24:38

Lovely.

2. rs
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 12:44:31

thank you for sharing this beautiful music

Mar 07, 2013 @ 19:33:37

I am also learning that sometimes to walk away is grace.Such a hard thing to learn and do… one I work on daily. Visiting from WW and IP

4. Kelli Woodford
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 19:59:29

amen to finding songs of the heart that came thru the lips of someone else. [love that!!] and i hear you loud and clear about the unique paths, sometimes mysterious, sometimes monotonous, following His lead. this is good medicine for me, always, to give others the freedom to be where *they* are and not where *i* am. He's a big God. thanks for sharing at IP, Dawn.

5. quietspirit
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 23:15:57

Interesting musical interludes. As I go through this year focusing on GRACE. I find your thought on walking away from something is grace. I need to remember to practice grace in my own home.

6. Ashley Ditto
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 02:20:50

I absolutely loved this. Your blog, so uplifting.

7. Pamela M. Steiner
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 23:50:37

My One Word: Presence..i.e., the Presence of GOD…yes, He is here…Thank you for sharing this with us.

8. Lisa notes...
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 02:58:03

Funny–I posted a song this month too for my One Word. 🙂 So glad God works through music!

9. Dawn Paoletta
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 09:58:26

Hi Lisa! I will have to go over and find that post. I think the reason it took me by surprise was that the word release maybe does not lend itself well to a song (except maybe “Please Release me – Let me go”!) lol. Also since I prefer music that is without words (classical etc.) when I saw it – it was a definite God moment. And yes, I love he uses music, and art and so many channels to reveal HIs beauty and perfection!

10. Debbie G
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 20:34:22

Hi Dawn,Hopping over here from Melanie's linky party. I'm so glad I did. :)I LOVE what you said here:”It reminds me of the way God invites each of us into a uniquely beautiful path; just as a musical piece is intricately woven together, His good and perfect will is both complex, and masterfully orchestrated in our lives.”My One Word is follow. I mentioned something about “rhythms of grace” and what you wrote made me think again about that phrase. However, you said it so much more beautifully. Have a blessed day!

11. BARBIE
    Mar 16, 2013 @ 18:44:17

So beautiful. I am asking God for a song for my One Word…six words!

12. Tammy_Skipper
    Mar 17, 2013 @ 19:54:49

Music is so powerful, so is sharing our art…imagine the blessing her music was to you and how your words are a blessing to those who read them. Thank you for sharing both with us in the linkup!