I See the Sea {Look- 5 Minute Friday}

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,”script”,”twitter-wjs”);

Narragansett Town Beach this beautiful morning…

I stumble out of bed wiping the sleep from my eyes. I realize I am laying on my phone. It’s 8:20 and I was supposed to meet a friend at the Sea Wall to walk at 8:00 AM. I quick text her, throw clothes on and we meet. I am barely awake as we walk, talk and deflect the sea spray on this grey day. My body seems resistant to movement but I see the beauty of a new day breaking through the sky. We put one foot in front of the other and make our way to the Pier before we turn and head back to our starting place. We stand by the benches  and stretch our sleepy muscles, partnering in gentle, needful pain which will set our day in motion. We end our time and get on with our individual routines. I can’t help but pull into the beach parking lot as we depart. Just for a moment I want to look. I get out of my car and stand to see the sea. The waves kick up, the clouds threaten rain, and I feel the mist kiss my face. A new day. Sleepy still but ready for the rest. Optimistic I will wake up…coffee awaits me. But I am glad I took the brief moment to stand and see what was before me. There is inspiration in every moment when we take the time to pause and look.

Phew, come join us for 5 Minutes of free writing at The Gypsy Mama’s!

Five Minute Friday

Oct 19, 2012 @ 14:58:56

Beautifully written, bless you.

2. Nacole
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 14:58:56

“Inspiration in every moment, if we take the time to look”. I love this. Now I need to go apply this to my little ones. It's so easy to feel overwhelmed and negative with this battered world and I'm weary in it. Thank you for this insight this morning. So nice to meet you through FMF–we're neighbors! Blessings.

3. Heather Jacobs
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 15:16:55

Beautiful! Thank you for writing! Blessings.

4. ScrapbooksbyKarrilee
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 16:13:51

Dawn… I love this! (Partly because I so LOVE the sea!) I have also been trying to remember to take several 'moments' through out my day and really drink them in… be present in them and for them! Time moves so fast… sometimes it's in the slowing down where we truly catch up!

5. Ashley Ditto
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 18:07:26

Beautiful Dawn!

6. Nikki @ Simplystriving
    Oct 20, 2012 @ 01:37:54

Yes…to slow down. to stop and see…beautiful write, friend!