Heart of Fire

But if I say,
“I will not mention him or
speak any more in his name,”
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed,
I cannot.

Jeremiah 20:9

This verse took hold of me this past week, friends and I realized how accurately
 it describes this last year of writing for me.
How this prophet lacked popularity, but knew ultimately, it did not matter,
that He could do nothing less than what He was called to do.
Oh, can’t you feel Him burning from within, consuming you with
 His passion, love and desire.
We who are called just cannot contain these words He births within us,
anymore than Jeremiah could, in His day.
Go forth, friends and let Him spill right out of you,
 for in this you will be ignited, burning for Him and shining
His light in the unique way He has called forth for you!
Indeed, you can do no less!

May you be blessed in this heart of fire, Christ in you!

*photo credit: morak faxe via photo pin cc

Joining with Barbie and Deidra

1. caryjo
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 02:36:29

In some ways, we all need hearts of fire… it's so easy to become side-tracked, and re-focus on our life-stretched issues… but then we are blessed when He pours His fire into our spirit/soul/body/HEART.

2. Tito Eric
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 02:36:58

The image and scripture, as well as your reflection, are indeed, remarkable. So powerful!Cheers!

3. Donna McMorrow
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 02:41:40

Powerful verse.

4. elizabeth
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 03:41:58

Amazing photo and a great verse.

5. BARBIE
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 06:57:17

Thank you for encouraging my heart today!

6. Pamela
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 08:21:37

We should all have hearts of fire–a fire bursting forth to share Christ with others.

7. Debbie Petras
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 12:32:40

Beautiful! Yes, you must continue to write. The Lord gave you a gift. Use it for His glory and as a byproduct we are also blessed.Blessings and love,Debbie

8. Karen
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 14:06:46

Thank you for this very encouraging word. (your ocean background is beautiful!)

Aug 19, 2012 @ 14:51:12

Beautifully said and oh, so true! Thanks for sharing what He's been showing you and shining as He leads! ~ Pam, http://wordglow.wordpress.com

10. quietspirit
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 18:20:27

Each of the Old Testament prophets was unpopular with the people of his time. We have been studying the theme of Justice this summer. Today's scripture was from Jeremiah. Thanks for the reminder.

11. Pamela M. Steiner
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 20:06:56

Yes…speak it loudly! Shout it from the housetops…or the blogpage! Wherever God gives you a place to speak His Word and share His love…you must do it. WE must do it! Thank you for being faithful to His call! We are blessed as a result. Blessings upon you, dear friend.another Pam…

Aug 19, 2012 @ 23:08:29

So true Dawn. We can do no less! Thanks for bein' YOU! Bless Your Heart Girl! Another Pam (Mosher)

13. Chatty Crone
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 23:38:10

I don't know if I am on fire – but I do know I feel closer to the Lord this year then ever before! sandie

14. Thoughts for the day
    Aug 20, 2012 @ 02:15:31

Wonderful truths and I always LOVE your ocean sounds.