But, God

Celebrate God all day, every day.
 I mean, revel in him!
Make it as clear as you can to all you meet
that you’re on their side,
working with them
and not against them.
Help them see that the Master is about to arrive.
 He could show up any minute!
Philippians 4:6-8

I have been carrying this verse around in my heart and head all week.
Is is any surprise that I have come under extreme enemy attack?
Surrounded by such beauty, in stark contrast to the ugliness that parades itself
and exalts itself against Him in this world.
I am staying close to Him but it has been challenging.
When the enemy closes in with his cronies, he brings
discouragement, accusation, distraction and ambush.

But, God…
 also works together on our side.
Surrounding us with great beauty and reminders of His love and faithfulness.

Don’t fret or worry.
Instead of worrying, pray.
 Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers,
letting God know your concerns.
 Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness,
everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.
It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry
at the center of your life.

Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst;
the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse…

Do that, and God,
who makes everything work together,
will work you into his most
excellent harmonies.
Philippians 4:6-9
(The Message)

Linking with some wonderful friends at these places:

Jun 24, 2012 @ 10:43:43

God does always works together on our side! 🙂 And when we're faced with the trials of life, our choice to side with God will mean victory for us, because God is for us. God and us make a winning team, and when we realize that God is on our side, nothing can defeat Him!Love and blessings today Dawn,Denise

2. Alba Marrero
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 12:10:44

Thank you for reminding me of how much He loves me and if it were not for His grace in my life…..

3. Jennifer Richardson
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 12:47:34

thanks for the peaceful stirto revel in Him:)glad reveling to you,Jennifer

4. Chatty Crone
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 13:44:33

The older I get – the more I pray – it see,s I never cease. sandie

5. Pamela M. Steiner
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 18:38:58

Thank you for stirring my spirit with these thoughts today. I've been kind of out there somewhere in my mind, and this brought me back to the real purpose of life…and the real reason for writing and sharing Christ's love with others…the hour is late…Christ may return at any moment…there is much work to be done! Thank you for that reminder. Blessings, Pam

6. sonyamacdesigns
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 19:02:06

The flowers sure know how to celebrate … they just stand in the beauty that is HIM … we could re-learn much from them that whither so fast.

7. caryjo
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 20:40:39

If we focus some other way than toward our Lord's will and His calls, then we're in trouble. BUT no matter what else is surrounding us with frustration and/or evil, HE will bring the good to our hearts and help us walk through those times. W/o HIM? We'd be in real trouble.

8. Sherrey
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 21:16:53

You have stirred my soul to soak in these words and remember that God is always on my side, always beside me! Thanks for the beauty of your words and photos. Stunning!

9. Recovering Church Lady
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 23:30:33

“Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.”Good advice that I am trying to follow. Another wonderful post Dawn!

10. bettyl
    Jun 25, 2012 @ 23:57:26

It's such great advice that you give. Of course, the enemy will try to confuse us, but He is God!!

11. BARBIE
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 03:38:42

Beautiful photography. I love the “But God's” in the Bible. His promises are yes and amen. And He never lets go of me and is always on my side. Thanks for linking up with Freshly Brewed Sundays!