Rock On

You know, I love the Word of God.
I love Rocks.
Sometimes these two loves mingle…
I was reading Romans this past week and it just ministered deeply to my heart, soul, mind and spirit.

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Romans 12:11

This big rock has been on my desk for a few months. Unsuspecting.
The little one is a newer find, from a recent beach walk.
The verses have been read by me before…
but on this day, this verse rocked my world.
So the rock and verse have happily married and are committed to remind me daily from my desk.
He has given us all we need.

I prayed this verse for myself.
I pray it for you.
May we never be lacking in zeal, but always keeping our spiritual fervor, serving Him,
who has chosen us.
In Jesus Name, Amen.

1. Child of God
    May 06, 2012 @ 14:43:09

What a beautiful verse to put on a rock. I don't ever want to grow stale in my love for God. He renews us fresh each and every day all we have to do is turn to Him. Blessings,<

2. Chatty Crone
    May 06, 2012 @ 14:57:34

I love your rocks. And I love the ocean waves on your blog too = a wonderful place to learn and relax. sandie

3. Jennifer @ Studio JRU
    May 06, 2012 @ 18:42:30

Love, love, love it. What a great verse to write out as a wonderful reminder!

4. Pam
    May 06, 2012 @ 20:48:56

God is our Rock. So how very appropriate that you would inscribe His Word onto them. Do you have a whole shelf or shelves of these? I think that would add a beautiful, blessed and encouraging touch to a room. You just make me smile, Dawn. :)Love you lots,Pam ❤

5. Danise Jurado
    May 07, 2012 @ 00:10:44

Great picture! I love writing on rocks too! 🙂 I pray I live my whole life with passion and zeal for God and serving Him! thanks so much for stopping by my blog. http://danisejurado.com

6. Hopesrising
    May 07, 2012 @ 00:26:55

Ok… I love your blog and post!! Love the verses on the rocks!!Thanks for sharing.

7. BARBIE
    May 07, 2012 @ 06:57:17

I need to find me some rocks to write on! Beautiful truth shared here today!

8. Tracy
    May 07, 2012 @ 09:23:06

Hi Dawn – great visual reminder that God is our rock.God blessTracy

9. Alida
    May 07, 2012 @ 21:27:52

What a great tribute to your FIL…so sorry for your loss.Blessings to you and your family,Alida

10. Deborah
    May 08, 2012 @ 03:11:11

What a perfect way to display His Word! Love the rocks! It certainly spoke to my heart … I do lack zeal sometimes, too … thank you for this reminder! Love your blog, as well!! My first time here from Katie's site, and I'm looking forward to reading more here. Have a blessed week … love your ocean sounds, too! 🙂

11. Esther Joy
    May 14, 2012 @ 15:04:10

Obviously I share your love of rocks! …And the love we have for the Creator who made them and calls Himself a ROCK! Blessings!