Monday and Me- The Local Tourist

Exploring scenery with my hub! I made him pull
over so I could “shoot”!

Hub was on vacation so we decided to have coffee
on a freezing morning at one of my fave places:
 Hazard Rocks…OK, my decision.
A regular photo subject: this tree and this water. Thin ice today...

Chilly…

Happy as a clam!

His idea was to visit Hazard Castle which he has been trying to find
to purchase for his domestically challenged damsel.
Complete with help, of course.

Thursday a date at Starbucks with myself!
This week I decided matching socks were not really a priority,
thanks to my daughter’s input while
I disgustedly searched for my warm, woolly matched set.
Matched socks are highly overrated. Perhaps.
Loved the lamp!

A visit to Westerly, RI to a bookstore, antique shop, park and historic library
followed by a beach stop on the way home. Hub made a nice dinner, too!

My girl and I had a wonderful visit in an eclectic and wonderful bookstore which I had been wanting to visit for some time:  Other Tiger.
The owner took the time to show us around, share some interesting
local history and stories of the outdoor rock garden. If you know my love for rocks, you realize this was pure bliss for me. Books AND Rocks in one stop. Coffee was the only thing missing in this winning equation!
He also took the time to ask my daughter about about her reading interests and shared some great new books just released which appealed to her.
We will be going back again!

I was intrigued with the beautiful detail of this door to the library!
Beautiful Wilcox Park

Moonstone Beach – this is the beach in the background picture you see when you visit my Blog!

One of my goals was to go through all of my clothes and let go of all that
is not useful,beautifully practical or comfortable.
 A sweet friend has started a free “Community Closet” at her church so
I culled and filled five bags for donation and daughter also followed suit!

*Saturday night was spent Rollerskating with my girl’s wonderful school! Inner thighs are feeling that!

My daughter and I spent Sunday afternoon re-visiting Narnia,
my all time favorite story!
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the WardrobeWe curled up on the couch and enjoyed The Lion, The Witch and
The Wardrobe, while hubby happily cooked up a storm, in the kitchen on his last day of vacation. We read this book as a family when she was younger. It was my favorite childhood book. The movie is nicely done!

As if you haven’t spent enough time lollygagging around here- check out my additions to the Fotos Page above. I am attempting to join in with Ann Voskamp’s Joy Dare for January. I am catching up, and will be reading her book “One Thousand Gifts” this month!

I need a nap! Happy Monday- Have a great week- and remember to be a tourist in your own town!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. Recovering Church Lady
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 17:20:33

When you move into Hazard Castle I will come be your maid ok? I like to clean but don't cook or do windows.

2. Stacy
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 17:27:55

Those rocks really remind me of the ones in the movie National Treasure 2. They were supposed to be in North Dakota, though, I think.

3. "Cottage By The Sea"
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 18:15:29

Since moving away to go to University, my son is always telling us when he comes home, “We should go be tourists today. We live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and we should take advantage of it!” So we've been getting out a bit more and going a bit further. Last month we visited a fantastic museum and saw a show on light. Then we had tea at a restaurant in a little area we had never been. He was right, it was great and we will definitely get out more!

4. Chatty Crone
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 00:23:14

What a lovely group of pictures today. Glad you are having fun with your daughter. Love the two socks. sandie

5. Diane
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 13:09:03

Really beautiful pictures. I love the ones of the castle especially. Hugs and have a great week! :O)

6. Holly
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 21:02:46

Your photos are fantastic! Love the beach photos! And I love the shout out too. Thanks so much & glad I was able to help 🙂

7. Laureen
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 21:25:57

Wow! How fun. That's something we need to do, sight see our own little corner of the world. You love life and it shows!

8. Erin O'Riordan
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 02:21:41

So much fun! I love rollerskating, castles, Narnia, Starbucks and libraries. My feelings on mismatched socks are neutral.