Ode To The Master Planner

origin_2798043140 (1)

During October we will break from the weekly format of our Planning with Purpose Series somewhat on Sunday to allow for a worshipful, meditative or devotional writing.

You can also use the opportunity to catch up on the posts you may have missed for the week.

I have been praying with Moms in Prayer since 2008 and one of the favorite Names of God I’ve discovered through this weekly prayer ministry is God as The Master Planner.  As one who adores her planner, and all things which enthrone planning it is no wonder I like the reminder and affirmation of my Father’s  ultimate authority which is magnified in this attribute/title. .

Today I have a wonderful gift to share that came to me during my Quiet Time with God yesterday.

Initially I titled it “Being with God” as I was doing just that, but then I decided I wanted it to be an ode to the Name which keeps this planner chick in check!

It is both a poem of affirmation, and a snapshot of my morning as I sat cross-legged in my comfy green chair, while the family still slept, Bible and journal in lap.

May your Sunday be blessed as you seek your Master Planner today.

Ode To The Master Planner

Being with God is not complicated,

really-

is it hard to be with a friend?

To sit and bask in the presence

of one who loves you to the end?

Being with God is not hard

You just cross your legs and sit

Maybe staring out of the window

if only for a bit.

Being with God isn’t easy

If you’re not careful,

you’ll find

many distractions you’ll battle

to keep Him first in your mind.

But if in first place you keep Him,

ever faithful He’ll

continue to be

Leading you daily in all your ways,

guiding you graciously.

For He is The Master Planner

He is The Glorious One

who longs to give you good things

with each rising of the sun-

So give Him the praise due Him

Sit at His feet today

Join in with all creation

to worship Him in every way-

Let all of your being

abide in Him,

Rest in the work He has done

Give Him thanks

all through the day…

and you will truly find

peace, joy and contentment

filling your heart and mind-

What a gift to walk with the One who

created all things-

Including this thing we call time.

©Dawn Paoletta/Enthusiastically, Dawn 2014

**************

This is Day 5 of the series Planning with Purpose: 31 Days of Planner Tips

I wrote an INTRO POST here explaining everything!

I have also made designated a PAGE for it. Hope this makes it easy. I am happy to tackle a topic, or issue regarding your planner habits.

Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me.

final with bigger31

I pray this series is a blessing to you.

Linking with #SundayStillness

Linking with Bonnie for Spiritual Whitespace (one of my favorite places on the web)

whitespace-badge

1. Sharon Gamble
    Oct 05, 2014 @ 18:09:47

Amen, Dawn. I agree with the simplicity of this and also the challenge to simply “be” with Him. Planning to spend time with the Master Planner is just about the best use of time there is. Here’s to many sweet quiet times with Him in the days ahead…for both of us. Love you so much!

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Oct 05, 2014 @ 18:12:40

Oh, seeing you here has made my day happy! Can’t wait for the next storytime opportunity with you and the MIP ladies, Sharon. Times of refreshment truly come from HIm and our times focused on Him, alone AND together!

2. kelrohlf
    Oct 05, 2014 @ 19:54:22

I love that MIP attribute of God…it has helped focus me many a time on God rather than my circumstances…also I got my planner back out and spent some time looking over the month with the Lord…I look forward to where He leads with plans and purposes this season! Thanks for the encouragement Dawn!

3. Pam@Writing...Apples of Gold
    Oct 06, 2014 @ 16:20:23

Beautiful devotion, Dawn. I love how we don’t even have to have words when we sit basking in Him… May you feel His arms encircling you and The Master Planner’s good plans leading you in yours…

Liked by 1 person

4. Trackback: Introducing Planning with Purpose: 31 Days of Planner Tips – October 1-31 | Enthusiastically, Dawn
  5. lynndmorrissey
    Oct 07, 2014 @ 03:04:43

Oh, Dawn, I’m so glad that you directed me back here. Somehow I missed it. . . likely because I was at church, then practicing for a rehearsal later in the day. I love the creativity you have found even in planning…..being able to capture THE PLANNER in verse. This will stick with you more too now that you have crystalized your thoughts. I love that truth that He is ultimately our Master Planner. He directs our steps and ordains our days. Our times, truly, are in His hands. Thanks for such a lovely poem–a real tribute to the One whose planning of your life has given you both the time and talent to have accomplished this.
    Love
    Lynn

Liked by 1 person

6. Trackback: The Day That Got Away (When Things Don’t Go As You Planned) | Enthusiastically, Dawn
  7. Barbara London
    Oct 14, 2014 @ 23:00:58

Trying to catch up on my reading – and I came across your Sunday with the Master Planner! Loved your poem…thank you for sharing!!