Here we are at the end of our 21 day journey. As I write this post (fresh for you tonight!), my family is preparing to leave for vacation first thing in the morning! Of course I will be taking my current journal along, as always. It is pictured here on a recent excursion to the beach. Therein lies your hint for today’s prompt…
Your mission, if you choose to take it is to venture somewhere to write with your journal…out of the ordinary routine of things.
Local library, coffee shop, park bench, museum, hotel lobby. I have journaled in DC on a tour bus at midnight, in a RV (as a passenger) on a train en route to Baltimore, beach-side in the Bahamas and in too many coffee shops to calculate! Outside, inside, lakeside. Wherever you go, your journal can go.
A journal is a soul’s best friend, and a direct connection from the writer’s heart to the heart of God.
If you’d rather, try this: Take a few sheets fun stationary or funky paper and go to your destination. Write about where you chose to go and why…then reflect and write whatever comes to you as you sit.
go FIND or BUY some stationery at a local stationary store, card shop or gift shop – you can even pick out a card JUST or YOU – you have permission to go look at cards and find one that you absolutely love, make sure it has lots of BLANK space, and even preferably a blank on the inside card. Now, grab a coffee, tea or beverage of choice and write a note on the inside telling yourself why you chose the card you did! Make sure to get the envelope to glue in your journal and you can slide the card in and out to read when you wish.
*Adhere whatever you chose into the journal in a way that it is accessible so it does not get lost.
After today’s prompt, you will have completed the 21 Days of Journaling in June. But guess what? If you didn’t, I am having a redo SOON! Stay tuned for more information.
Now, if you wrote on any of the prompts and would like to share an excerpt or whatever you wrote at our next Random Day Journal Celebration, PLEASE join us!
1. Choose one of the journal prompts you wrote in your journal about, or choose from another journal entry in a past journal.
2. Write up a post sharing excerpts or whatever feels comfortable for you to share. Or dare to be uncomfortable and share more. Take a picture of your journal to insert into your post (optional BUT we love to see those pictures). Publish your post, include a link back to the RJD Link Up Post or my blog, so others may find us.
3. Link your journal post to the RJD post anytime between June 30th – July 6th/Link closes 12AM 7th). We are having a super special RJD/4th of JULY Celebration and I have a special Summer Giveaway. It’s a secret and surprise!
4. Visit other RJD participants, enjoy and jump in the conversation by leaving a comment! Enjoy reading the latest Featured Journal Keeper’s post.
5. Have fun, and don’t forget to enter the Giveaway. Details coming soon.
See you when my journal and I return from our vacation!
Happy Journaling, Friends. You can continue to work on missed prompts if you like.
Click link below for all 21 prompts.
This post is part of a series:
To find out more or see all posts for The 21 Days of Journaling in June Click HERE