“Every man’s life is a fairy tale written by God’s fingers” Hans Christian Andersen
What is your favorite fairy tale? Do you have one? If you’ve ever dreamed of toads turning to princes or enjoyed a tale of imaginative proportions you will enjoy today’s prompt. Don’t be intimidated- because today we have a Fairy Tale challenge so to speak. First let’s look at the definition and then we can see where it leads.
1.a story, usually for children, about elves, hobgoblins, dragons, fairies, or other magical creatures.
2.an incredible or misleading statement, account, or belief: His story of being a millionaire is just a fairy tale.
Write your own Fairy Tale- you’re the star, or give yourself a bit part. Share a message or lesson you’ve learned about life, love or even fairytale expectations. Go wherever the prompt takes you…don’t worry about doing it right. Give yourself fairy wings and fly with it!
1. Doodle in your journal a magical creature of your choice.
2. Collage images and words that evoke a fairytale feeling.
3. Write about your favorite fairy tale and share why it has meaning for you.
4. Write about one of the many writers of fairy tales, and explore what inspires you in their writing style.
5. Any combination of the above as you feel inspired!
This post is part of a series:
To find out more or see all posts for The 21 Days of Journaling in June Click HERE
Also, I will be serving up alternative prompts and thoughts daily on the Facebook page!