Easy and Fun Homemade Stamped Holiday Cards

Well, I am to share a brief post on the joy of making Christmas cards, and to share some tips that make it fun and easy to do, even at the last minute! Also, with the snowflake, theme I used they can easily be New Year or Winter “Hello” cards, if one were, say perhaps, late with their Christmas card list. I love to make cards, but I am not really 100% very artsy or crafty. By this I mean, I don’t sweat the small stuff, minor mistakes, and imperfections that come along with handmade cards. They’re not perfect but they are perfectly done! I made one hundred and two cards this year. It’s not the first year that I have made cards, but it is the first year I made so many, made them alone, and enjoyed every minute of creating these little Christmas joy bringers. At least I hope they are- they were for me! So, I want to tell you, I just used what I had on hand, except that I had to buy envelopes, which I bought through Amazon Prime for a very reasonable price.

Pictured below are the various cards I made. All by whim. I do really enjoy, making some uniquecards, and then doing some assembly line style! The latter way is the best way to go if you want to do a lot, but I did them in November, over the course of 3 or 4 sittings. One could easily do 25-50 in one sitting if you stick with one style and stamp away assembly line style.

As I mentioned I did one at a time for about 30. But the majority I laid out and stamped in lots of 9-12.
I would choose color themes for the night based on my mood, and then stamp away. Please let me know if you have a question about anything I used, which is also grouped in a picture below! I favor this Snowflake stamp set I got through Stampin’ Up, years ago. It is so versatile. Plus, I love snow! I also used some of my Creative Memories punches, and tools. And sparkly fairy dust. One can never have enough sparkle, in my opinion. It’s actually called Glamour Dust by DecoArt. I love sparkles. I also had random pieces of paper and card pieces I implemented.

Some of the cards are very simple, maybe even too so, by some standards. But, each was made with love, fun and my imperfect style! It’s not to late to make a few for the New Year, or one for a special teacher, friend, or loved one.

Except for paper and  a few stamps, this is everything I used.

Well, I still am in the process of prepping them to mail out.
As I am writing, I have a chance to hold each person up in my heart and to God for prayers and thanksgivings. Soon they will be in the mail and I pray they will be a blessing.
Do you still send Christmas Cards?
Do you like to get Christmas Cards in the mail?
Linking with Create with Joy for Inspire Me Monday!

Also linking with Carissa for the last Miscellany Monday
Linked with Time Warp Wife

1. Tea norman
    Dec 15, 2013 @ 16:38:00

I would love to make Christmas cards. You make it seem very simple.

2. Dawn Paoletta
    Dec 15, 2013 @ 18:45:45

Tea, I think that's why they are enjoyable- I keep it simple! Also then I can write to each person in my own writing (imperfect handwriting, of course!) and modify as needed, with messages, wishes and words. It is relaxing.

3. Create With Joy
    Dec 15, 2013 @ 22:30:14

I LOVE your beautiful cards Dawn – it's obvious they were made with such love! The paper torn ones are my favorite – I always love that technique – but those birdies are adorable too!If you have the time, you should stop by my WOYWW post and link up to some of the Christmas Art Challenges I've been participating in!Happy Inspire Me Monday to you! 🙂

4. Ceil
    Dec 15, 2013 @ 22:50:37

Hi Dawn! If this isn't 100% artsy craftsy, then I don' know what is. I love these, and it must have taken a long time. You are very dedicated, and have a lot of love for your project. The colors go together on each card so well! And look at all those stamps you have… I'll definitely hand you the 'arts and crafts' sticker to wear on your shirt. I'm in awe :)Thanks for sharing your gifts with us, and with your friends and family,Ceil

5. Dawn Paoletta
    Dec 16, 2013 @ 03:31:45

Thanks, R! The birds were actually a stick note pad I won…years ago! I always wanted to use them for something and I finally found a way! Yay! I will check your post out for sure. Thanks for being the inspiring YOU you are!

6. BARBIE
    Dec 16, 2013 @ 06:42:18

Your cards are beautiful! I wish I had the patience to sit down and make cards.

7. Barb Marshall
    Dec 16, 2013 @ 20:41:43

I love that the snowflake can work for both Christmas and winter time in general. These are beautiful. I am a huge advocate of letter writing and cards and I blog about such things over at http://www.ritewhileucan.com You might enjoy. Visiting via 'InspireMeMonday.'

8. Karen Lange
    Dec 17, 2013 @ 20:22:55

These cards are so nice! My daughter and I used to do a little with stamps but haven't done anything for years. You have inspired me, thank you! 🙂