Announcing: 31 Days of Fitting in Fitness in October (The Nester’s Challenge)

Heads up! If you have not heard the news yet, here it is: In October I will be joining in for my second year at the Nester’s place to link arms with Bloggers from around the world to share in a fabulous endeavor: The 31 Day Challenge is the chance to blog on anything that sets your little heart on fire!

Last year I shared 31 Days of Faith Life Preservers. I jumped in and just did it, so to speak. So pick a topic, check out the details and join in, or just come by and find a topic you want to grow in for the month of October. Since I have found blogging does nothing for my derriere, except increas my seat girth, I have decided to get myself, and anyone who cares to join in, MOVING a tad bit more.

A few things about the 31 Days of Fitting in Fitness:
You do not need special equipment. As a matter of fact you don’t need any equipment. Just your body. I am hoping to use an online sharing site for a nifty 31 Day printout. Wish me luck, say a prayer and we will see.
2. There will be three “Challenges” to follow; you can do one, none, or all. I will also be randomly posting my thoughts on just about anything fitness. Maybe you will learn something new, maybe you will hate my guts. Either way, it will be an interesting 31 days. Disclaimer: I may randomly change my mind at any time about anything-you are warned.
3. I promise YOU CAN DO THIS. I will be sucking it up alongside you. I have been a big slacker since retiring from teaching Boot Camps at a local Martial Arts gym this past year. Combine this fact with a husband who likes to bake like Paula Deen loves butter and you see where I am going with this?
PLUS- everything and I mean everything is modifiable! And I promise never to swear at you when you are working your pettutti off. I believe in you and that something is better than nothing, a little movement can go a long way. We an do this!
So, Are You Ready?

God willing I will have something posted September 30th, and we will start October 1.
Lord have mercy.
Stay Tuned….
To join in the challenge or see some of what is happening with other 31 Day challenges:

Linking with these fine communities:
Time Warp Wife, A Wise Woman

1. Ashley Ditto
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 14:53:19

What a wonderful challenge!!!

2. BARBIE
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 19:41:01

Yay! Excited to follow along!

3. Recovering Church Lady
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 21:08:22

Afraid to commit and then not follow through. How does it work? You post about fitness every day of October and include challenges for us? What is our part, other than doing the challenges, are they movements and exercises? Susie Slacker

4. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 21:19:16

This challenge is laced with amazing grace, Susie! I actually will be giving (hopefully) the info as a printout and will post info, support, instructions, modifications and more daily. There will be Four (instead of Three options, something for everyone and you just adjust the “Challenge” to your own level/desire. I have been a slacker as well…so believe me, there is wiggle room, giggle room and just plain room to fit it in…a little is better than NONE! That is the flavor of it. So forget you fear and just do it. Pretty please and I insist. 😉

5. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 21:20:46

Barbie, thanks again for the beautiful button! I really hope that it will be a challenge, and yet helpful and user friendly all at the same time…we will see!

6. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 21:21:18

Thanks, Ashley- hope you will squeeze in if you can.

Sep 25, 2013 @ 22:42:17

Woo Hoo, looking very forward to this.

8. Recovering Church Lady
    Sep 26, 2013 @ 02:25:47

Ok sign me up!

9. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 26, 2013 @ 02:38:59

Oh you are signed, sealed and delivered! lol- we will have a great October. Yay!

10. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 26, 2013 @ 02:39:58

Me too, but remember to listen to your body and go slow…love you, Denise!

11. Beverley Baird
    Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:26:55

Have just discovered your lovely blog and am so ready for this. Will work through it through my health blog tho. Great idea!

12. mkrhon
    Sep 27, 2013 @ 14:07:47

I'm excited and scared all at the same time but I need some motivation. I'm usually motivated by chocolate cake.

13. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 27, 2013 @ 21:14:13

Excited, check. Scared, check. Chocolate cake, YUM! The more the merrier- hope you will join me!

14. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 27, 2013 @ 21:15:42

Hi Beverley- will have to check out your health blog-Look forward to sharing the journey with you!

15. Mel
    Sep 27, 2013 @ 22:55:13

I will join your 31 days of fitness 🙂 I need to get 'er done! 🙂

16. pandorasjen79
    Sep 28, 2013 @ 00:36:38

Found you through the Wise Woman link up. I'm in! I so need to do something. I've packed on almost 40 pounds this past year. It's so awful! So I'm willing to try 🙂

17. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 28, 2013 @ 00:49:15

Mel, it makes me so happy to know that you are participating! I will be praying and planning and know God will help us all get through it!

18. Dawn Paoletta
    Sep 28, 2013 @ 00:59:36

Hello there Pandorasjen79 ! (Is that Jen in real life?) So glad you found me and I really love that blog- although it is new to me! I look forward to linking arms with you as we seek to fit fitness in the next 31 days!