Rhythm and Rest (5 Minute Friday-Rhythm)

Rhythm is defined as  is a strong, regular, repeated pattern of movement or sound. I’m finding my rhythm lately. In all of the chaos of life, I am starting to realize that I have my own rhythm and am tuning into that which was fading into the background. I am hearing that tune which is becoming my own. I hear it in the call of the birds in the wee morning hours. I sense it in my day as I tune into the movement and magic of each moment as the day unfolds before me. Even in the battles, I feel it. From the early walk on the beach, to the dishes being done, lunches being made, coffee brewing early. It picks up pace and I feel the rhythm of my life in the making of the bed, and the doing of the laundry. At the end of the day there is rest, and the knowing, it is well.

Five Minute Friday

1. Gabby
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 04:30:25

So true. Thanks for posting on FMF. I enjoyed your view of rhythm.

2. Recovering Church Lady
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 05:12:09

Beautiful!

3. BARBIE
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 07:37:45

Love this! I talked of rhythm and rest today as well! Love your toes!

4. Lisa notes...
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 12:10:47

How blessed you are to be finding your rhythm. I find mine for a season, then get a little off balance and have to adjust, then find it again… It's a growing process, but I'm so thankful that Jesus is the steady rhythm underneath the hum of both our lives. Have a blessed weekend!

5. Pamela M. Steiner
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 12:53:54

“I got rhythm, I got rhythm, I got my guy, who could ask for anything more?” (I think those were the words, sort of…) Loved this…You come up with the best stuff!

6. Dawn Paoletta
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 12:57:49

hahaha! Pamela! Smiling because so many songs pop into our minds with this word. The Rhythm is Gonna Get You popped into mine but I like yours better!

7. Mia De Vries
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 13:08:08

Dear DawnI just love those blue toenails! This is so true! When we live to the rhythm of our own lives, refusing to try to dance to the rhythm of another's song, we have great rest and peace!Much love XXMia

Jun 21, 2013 @ 21:34:56

How awesome is it to continue to feel (be in) the rhythm even during the battles.

9. Debi @ DebiStangeland.com
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 23:51:54

I have to admit, I had trouble reading your post because I just wanted to sit and stare at your flip-flopped feet and the fire. That looks sooooo good right now. But I did read your post and it was great. Thanks for sharing.

Jun 22, 2013 @ 08:50:17

True my friend.

11. Beth
    Jun 22, 2013 @ 13:21:27

“At the end of the day there is rest, and the knowing, it is well.” It is well! Amen. Beautiful post. I have to agree with Debi, I wanted to join you at your fire!Blessings,Beth

12. Debbie Petras
    Jun 22, 2013 @ 23:22:09

I wish I could take a walk with you on the beach. I love visiting your blog to read it but also to hear the sound of the surf. I miss the beach.Blessings and love,Debbie