The Tooth Fairy Trumps the Dentist (Monday’s Victory)

I have to share this little blessing (are any of them really little?) and felt like taking a silly slant for the title BUT am grateful to God’s assistance in this recent tooth tale. We were instructed by the Orthodontist that three of my daughter’s teeth would have to be removed due to crowding and some other concerns in her oral development, before she could get braces. My Girl, is sadly one of those kiddos who is highly phobic of needles, doctors etc. and the thought of tooth extractions was stressful on a good day. Adding to the stress was the reality that our Health Coverage would not cover for the extractions. We began planning the appointments, and shortly after the appointment with her  Ortho two of the teeth fell out on their own! The last tooth, our Doctor stated, would not fall out soon enough and so we went ahead and scheduled the extraction after a lengthy consultation with the Oral Surgeon for the end of May. The estimated out of pocket cost would be @500 dollars. When my daughter saw the bill she said, rip it up, my tooth is gonna come out! Sure enough, Sunday as I sizzled some meat for steak sandwiches she came tearing into the kitchen with that tooth in hand wearing a satisfied smile. I cancelled the appointment this morning. Sorry Doc, the Tooth Fairy wins on this one!

It seems small but God knows our concerns and needs, yes?
And those of our sweet babies. Even if they are not babies anymore!

And YES! Glory! I did ask God to let those teeth come out instead of having them pulled but did also follow the Doctor’s advice to plan otherwise as not to be negligent. In my prayer journal I can now record His answer and timing!

So my biggest and God knows most glorious blessing:
 #446 that three teeth came out #447 oral surgery was not needed
#448 grace found a way in perfect timing #449 He cares about every detail
# 450 He cares about sparrows and hairs on our head, and also molars, cuspids, bicuspids, and incisors.

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
Proverbs 16:3

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

Imperfect Prose on Thursday w/Emily
My Daily Walk In His Grace
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

May 06, 2013 @ 16:29:00

Yes, yes, yes. Amen.

2. Recovering Church Lady
    May 06, 2013 @ 17:36:18

Yay! This is a great story!!

3. Elizabeth C
    May 06, 2013 @ 18:39:35

Hi, I'm a new follower and brand new blogger. I found you on Inspire Me Monday! I LOVE this post and its very true!! I'm excited to read around your blog! I'd love for you to come follow me at http://mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com

4. Jody Lee Collins
    May 07, 2013 @ 00:58:39

Hello Dawn, visiting from Playdates–we're 'neighbors.'This story so totally blessed me. Oh, God is good and cares about the smallest (biggest)things.

5. Jennifer
    May 07, 2013 @ 13:55:28

Love it!!

6. quietspirit
    May 07, 2013 @ 14:30:39

Dawn: God knew your circumstances. He delivered your family a BLESSING. Thank you for sharing this with us.

7. Laura Boggess
    May 07, 2013 @ 19:40:05

What a wonderful story, Dawn! (and I love the title and the image!). There is nothing so small it escapes his attention, is there? I just love a happy ending :).

8. Lisa notes...
    May 08, 2013 @ 12:23:55

What a great story that God cares about even the details. You have a brave daughter! I'm glad we don't have to pull our own teeth anymore as adults. 🙂

9. Mia De Vries
    May 09, 2013 @ 12:57:48

Hi DawnHip, who would have thought that our Pappa God will play the role of the tooth fairy just because one of His little ones wanted Him too! Beautiful story.Blessings from Emily'sMia

10. Emily Wierenga
    May 10, 2013 @ 03:07:11

oh praise God it came out! that is one expensive bill. love you friend.

11. Jennifer Dougan
    May 14, 2013 @ 02:01:29

Dawn, Nice to meet you. I'm hopping over from Ann's link up. Hurray for the teeth that came out without an oral surgeon. 🙂 We're contemplating similar issues with some possibly impacted wisdom teeth… Yuck. Nice to count gifts with you tonight, Jennifer Douganwww.jenniferdougan.com

Jun 19, 2013 @ 13:57:19

Nice tale, kids loving and you did this in a interesting manner, interested to read more from your blog. dentist oxford