5 Minute Friday {Dive}

Credit

Where shall I go from your Spirit?
    Or where shall I flee from your presence?
 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
    If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
Psalm 139:7-8

Sink or Swim.
All of my life seems like one big sinking and swimming.
Vacillating between the rising and falling. The failures and successes.
I saw this word Dive and set forth to find a photo…and there was the image of arms reaching up, fully immersed. Immediately the verses came to my mind…”even there your hand shall lead me…”
This is what I need for my new year. The reminder and assurance that though I walk in dark places, yet unknown to me that He is there. That He will lead me and uphold me by His right hand.
And His faithfulness still does uphold…and though my life seems at times like a thrashing about in open waters, I have learned at last how to rest easy. How to surrender. Even to release what I cling to, that which holds me back or could cause me to sink. Or worse…to forget His faithful love.
Even as I dive into the unknown of this new year, I know I will find Him there.
For wherever I am.
There He is.
This is my comfort and strength.

If I take the wings of the morning
    and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
 even there your hand shall lead me,
    and your right hand shall hold me.
Psalm 139:9-10

Here I am I finally made it back over to join in with lots of my friends at Lisa-Jo’s.
Come “Dive” right in and join us- the water’s fine!
Five Minute Friday
!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,”script”,”twitter-wjs”);

1. Nancyroo
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 13:30:24

Beautiful post, and thanks for your thoughtful comment!

2. Tim and Richelle
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 14:17:03

I, as well, am so glad He dives right in with us.

3. Jessica Hoover
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 14:27:46

Beautiful and brave words. Stopped by from Lisa-Jo's and I'm so very glad that I did. Oh, and way to use the word “vacillating” in a sentence!

4. Teri @ StumblingAroundInTheLight
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 17:54:31

Such beautiful words, echoing the frustrated cry of my heart. How I long to float peacefully on the surface of ripple-free waters. Yet soul-storms rage, and I find myself deep in the darkness, so far below the surface I can hardly see the light.Thanks for the reminder:Here too, in the depths, His Arms are there to hold, to carry, to save.

5. Alia
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 19:36:13

I am learning to surrender too. I tend to trash about and drag everyone down like a drowning man but in going limp and allowing myself to be uplifted it's a whole new thing.

Jan 11, 2013 @ 23:34:57

Amen, amen.

7. Ashley Ditto
    Jan 12, 2013 @ 01:13:44

You have a beautiful heart.

8. BARBIE
    Jan 12, 2013 @ 07:01:25

It's so good to know He holds me as I ponder the dive, as I dive, and while fully emersed in the dive. He is faithful!

9. Pam Manners
    Jan 12, 2013 @ 14:22:15

Such a special post for me, as a young friend of ours is in the midst of (and has been for some time) a terrible time. Found out yesterday just how bad its become, and I was lead to pray for her via Psalm 18, where David speaks of being surrounded by the torrents of death and crying for God to pluck him out of the swirling waters. I know this woman-child has to be wondering where God is in this deep sea horror of hers. This post, and this amazing photo, which actually just made me cry, confirms that He is right there with her. As always, thank you, Dawn. <3Much love,Pam

10. Debi Stangeland
    Jan 12, 2013 @ 23:00:32

Lovely thoughts and words. Thanks for sharing this!!