The Ultimate Superhero {Faith Life Preservers- Day 5}

Credit

True confessions.
Sometimes I have gotten into big trouble when
I have taken on too much and said yes,
to one too many other things.
 I wake up and realize I ‘m not Wonder Woman after all and
I never did play her on TV, either.
Occasionally I am her, in my dreams though.
Anyhoo…

My journey of faith has brought many lessons about God’s will and timing.
Learning to hear His voice and discern His direction is both a promise
 He fulfills and a honed skill that needs to be developed.
I am grateful He has lassoed me in a few times for correction.
I am also grateful that when my Wonder Woman costume left me
naked, wretched and humiliated,
there was a Savior who came by my side,
lifted me to my feet and dressed me in clothes fitting of His
very own daughter.
As far as I can tell the world really does need a Superhero.
He has come– and it’s not me!
Phew, that is really good news, friends.
Better still He has already saved the world.
2000 years ago, He fulfilled His purpose when He stretched
out His arms and uttered these words:
 He is alive and well today (Hebrews 7:23-25).
Able to save to the uttermost.
Able to uphold that which He saves.
Are you in?
Dear Friend, this IS the Faith Life Preserver that I cling to
 through the daily storms of life.
This is my anchor and hope in the turbulent
 sea of lies and deceit called today.
Are you hoping in The Ultimate  Superhero and
Faith Life Preserver?
His name is
 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,
but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

See all other Faith Life Preserver Posts HERE.

Check out all of the other
31 Day Topics and Bloggers HERE.

Linking with Jennifer!

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,”script”,”twitter-wjs”);

1. Heart n Soul
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 12:49:31

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just read your profile about fitness and being a natural coach – sounds so interesting. What a great job. Love that idea about fitness for the fainthearted!!

2. Pam
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 13:34:57

Whoa!!! Loved this!!! I can certainly relate to that Superhero syndrome. Once upon a time, not so very long ago, I thought I was Supergirl. Thankfully, no longer. Anyway, a grand post. And another whoa — John 3:17 was the verse I was lead to earlier this morning. :DCheering you on as you continue with your 31 day postings, my friend.Pam

3. Pamela
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 13:36:58

It's a been there, done that,topic for me. I hate to say no. After harming my health I realized that just because all the “Yes” projects were for God, it didn't matter if I was over committing. You've written very clearly on this valid topic that all of us face at some time.

4. Pamela M. Steiner
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 17:28:27

Yeah, I learned (and keep having to relearn) that I am not WonderWoman or GOD…I can't save everyone and make things happen the way I think they should go…I have to let go and let GOD do HIS job! But it is difficult! I keep wanting to put the cape back on and be a crusader for saving (or changing) the world around me. I tend to think that I know best…and that's when I really get into trouble! Great post. Wish I could sit down with you and chat and give you a big (((hug))).

5. Modern Day Disciple
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 18:53:36

Pam, I have happily retired the cape. I so would love to sit down and have coffee and hugs with you! That would be grand!

6. Modern Day Disciple
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 18:55:04

Thanks Pamela. I like to pray the Ephesians 2:8-10 prayer. As a matter of fact I think I will dedicate that to a post. Unless I already did and forgot! 😉

7. Modern Day Disciple
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 18:56:10

That is so cool, Pam. I have been thinking of you lately as I struggle with boundaries with my daughter. Thanks for your cheering I can feel those cheers, girlfriend!

8. Modern Day Disciple
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 19:03:38

I love your blog!Thanks for stopping by!

Oct 05, 2012 @ 23:07:32

I definitely know what you mean about never saying “no”…I've struggled with this “wonder woman” syndrome for awhile, but I'm slowly realizing that I need to say no every once in awhile…thanks for the reminder! be blessed 🙂

10. Bohemian Babushka
    Oct 06, 2012 @ 13:07:19

I like the way you write your posts in poetic style- great reminder that life is poetry, it's up to us to make it rhyme. Not being Wonder Woman has an underlying of not trusting He will do what needs to be done. A matter of control and trust- still trying w/that one.

11. Bohemian Babushka
    Oct 06, 2012 @ 13:08:47

Here from the Weekend Blog Hop Showcase.

12. Heather
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 21:16:22

This was on my reading list from last week, just didn't get to it til now….very insightful as always and I think I need to turn in my Super Woman costume….it doesn't fit me well and I think I know who to turn to in prayer once again. Thanks Dawn. 🙂