The Width of His Love {Five Minute Friday: Wide}

This is love: not that we loved God,

but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
1 John 4:10

He is my morning meditation.
This man. This God.
He is my life and breath as I gather my thoughts and energy for the day.
Limited stretching to grasp limitlessness.
My hand reaches, stretching out, fingers extended.
I am seeking to grasp the unseen.
Yet He is with me.
He promises.
I wonder about this Son of Man.
How His love is to be grasped.
That there is hope and power to grasp this unfathomable love.
That though it is wide and long and high and deep.
Though it seem insurmountable.
It still is so completely able to bend it’s knee and grasp my hand.
That together with all of His children, His holy people,
It is possible to know His Holy embrace.

Join us over at Lisa Jo’s:

Five Minute Friday

1. Sharon
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 11:46:17

Hi Dawn: This is my first Five Minute Friday! I'm amazed at how similar our thoughts were on the word Wide: we both went immediately to the Wideness of Jesus love. You are a beautiful poet. I'm sure the Narragansett shoreline helps to inspire you to write like that. I'm originally from CT, so I know where you live. Have a blessed day! Sharon

2. Laurie Byrne
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 13:29:12

How wonderful that holy embrace is! Thank you for your beautiful words which glorified Him.

3. Modern Day Disciple
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 14:33:06

Amen, Laurie! Thanks for visiting today!

4. Modern Day Disciple
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 14:33:38

Have a great day, Sharon. Enjoyed your share as well! God is so amazing!

Sep 21, 2012 @ 17:04:10

This was heart touching.

6. quietspirit
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 19:38:49

I received a mental picture of a person reaching out to Jesus an His reaching out to that person. Thank you for the words and the image.

7. Modern Day Disciple
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 23:13:52

I am thankful for that image too, God is so good, Cecelia! Hugs.

8. Modern Day Disciple
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 23:14:35

God Bless you, Denise.

9. Recovering Church Lady
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 23:55:39

You wrote this?!! I am in tears reading it my friend. It says so much and creates such an amazing picture. Would you allow me to post it on my blog? I will of course include the link back to you and this delicious site.

10. Debbie Petras
    Sep 22, 2012 @ 13:40:45

Beautiful! How thankful I am that He is able to hold my hand. What a wonderful illustration you've given.Blessings and love,Debbie

Sep 22, 2012 @ 23:27:57

Dawn, this is lovely. God Bless.

12. By Nela
    Sep 23, 2012 @ 10:36:29

He descubierto tu blog y me ha gustado mucho su contenido, ya soy seguidora tuya. Si lo deseas te invito a visitar mi blog y si es de tu agrado me gustaria tenerte como seguidora en mi blog y asi seguir en contacto.Un saludo muy cariñoso.Manoli

13. Pam
    Sep 23, 2012 @ 16:57:28

Thank you for this beautiful reminder, via your words and Dudash's artwork. I needed this today.