A Bride’s Eye View Of God

I delight greatly in the Lord;
    my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me
with garments of salvation
    and arrayed me in a robe of
his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head
like a priest,
    and as a bride adorns herself
with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10

This week I clung to this verse, as if I were clinging to life itself through it.

It brought me life and became as a life preserver for me.
May it be the same for you anyone who needs a life preserver
thrown their way today.
Amen.

Joining up with Barbie for Fresh Brewed Sundays.
And Deidre below:

Aug 12, 2012 @ 15:09:13

Thank you for reminding me of the blessings of salvation and righteousness through sharing this verse.

2. Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life
    Aug 12, 2012 @ 16:44:36

Beautiful 🙂

Aug 12, 2012 @ 18:18:36

Love the photo you used to go with these beautiful words of promise! May He fill your heart in and through with this truth and joy! – Pam, apples of gold

4. quietspirit
    Aug 12, 2012 @ 18:48:22

The robe of righteousness becomes our goal as we grow in the Lord.

5. Sherrey
    Aug 12, 2012 @ 18:59:18

The photo and the words from Isaiah bring hope, much like the life preserver you mention. Thanks for sharing both!Sherrey (www.sowingseedsofgrace.wordpress.com)

6. Deidra
    Aug 12, 2012 @ 19:32:30

I just watched a bride and groom having their photos taken after their ceremony in the garden of the retreat center where I'm vacationing. Both of them standing there, grinning from ear to ear in such beautiful attire.

7. BARBIE
    Aug 12, 2012 @ 21:45:15

Love this verse. He has clothed me with garments of salvation. Thanks for blessing me today.

8. caryjo
    Aug 13, 2012 @ 02:32:46

Those overwhelmingly lovely garments of salvation are all I can count on for eternity.A blessing to be reminded of this.

9. elizabeth
    Aug 13, 2012 @ 06:24:38

Fabulously beautiful photo and verse. Thanks so much for your kind comment on mine. Yes, the coast on the east and west coast are different, but both so lovely. I love the sea. My Mama and ancestors are from Maine, originally PEI, so love of the sea is in my blood I guess. 🙂

Aug 13, 2012 @ 08:39:27

Love this verse Dawn, it reminds us that we too can put on our new clothes…our right relationship with God…by putting our trust in Him!Sending blessings and hugs across the miles!Denise

11. Donna McMorrow
    Aug 13, 2012 @ 11:44:53

Blessings. Taking off the grave clothes to put on the garment of salvation. Beautiful.