Thanking God For Dads

My Girl, my Dad and me! My girl is doing her Nixon impression, I believe.
Although I did not get to have my Dad around when I was young, God has
given us a wonderful gift in our relationship today.
I am grateful and love him very much.
Today I am publicly declaring a day of thanksgiving for each of the Dads that God has used to touch, mold and shape my life.
My hubs – does he look photo shopped in this pic?
Our beginning family in 2003.
Loving, patient and sacrificial dad to my Girl.
My sweet, Father In Law. Thankful for his gift of love, example and sacrifice
to his family which is still impacting me and my sweet girl, today.
Of course there is one Father who I also want to acknowledge!
My Eternal Father has been a faithful Father to me, example and friend:
My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
He has done miracles in my life.
He has brought me from a parched land to a land of milk and honey.
Holy is His Name.

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.
Psalm 68:5
“And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous–to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
Luke 1:17

May you know Him, the One True Father in Heaven,
and rejoice in His love and faithfulness all of the days of your life.

1. Chatty Crone
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 12:28:59

What would we do without our fathers? From the Heavenly one on down. What a sweet tribute. Love, sandie

2. Pamela M. Steiner
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 18:11:14

That was precious. Thank you for sharing the special men in your life with us. So thankful that you and your Dad have been reunited. That means a lot as I am sure you already realize. And yes, our Heavenly Father is the BEST father of ALL! Without Him, we could do nothing!!!!!

3. Susan J. Reinhardt
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 19:10:02

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in your family!

4. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 21:53:42

Thanks, Susan!

5. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 21:54:32

Yes, Sandie- I'm grateful.

6. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 21:55:47

Someday I will write about the spiritual and biblical implications in detail…but for now I will just be thankful! Thanks, Pamela!

7. Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 23:21:48

Lovely. I 'second' that prayer! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for joining! I'm so tickled to find YOU! Blessings~

8. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 18, 2012 @ 02:10:11

This comment has been removed by the author.

9. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 18, 2012 @ 02:10:45

Leslie, the feeling is mutual! Have a great week!

10. Laureen
    Jun 19, 2012 @ 20:40:25

I have a real tangle picture for our heavenly father. For just as my earthly father was there my whole life I did not understand or appreciate all that he was, is, offered, and sacrificed for me. It was not until I had grown an matured that I had come to accept him for all he is. This is the way it has been with my Heavenly Father, he has been there all along yet I did not accept or recognize all His blessings. Until I was grown I had yet to accepted his greatest gift Jesus our Lord who like the Father has been there with me since my time began.