1. What is one thing you can do TODAY or TOMORROW that will bring you closer to living the life you want to live or being the you you want to be?
2. What is the one thing you will do that will get you closer to a specific goal you have set for yourself?
3. Is there one thing you can think of that stands in the way of you attaining to your goal?
4. What is the one thing you have been putting off doing that you know you should be doing?
5. What is one thing you need to say tomorrow and to whom does it need need to be said?
Answer the questions and do your one thing. Or all the things. But, do no less than one thing.
A Practical Tip: Ponder the above questions. Which one is the One that needs to be acted upon NOW? Tomorrow? Later this week? Write it down on the day you will take action.
Quote to Ponder: “Don’t let list making take the place of doing-time. Lists are made to be carried out?” ~Roberta Roesch
A Prayer for Today: Lord, I can’t do everything, but I can do one thing. Help me discern the one thing that is most important for me to do today. Help me to follow though to completion as you will. Thank you that you are faithful to the end, and that you are the Beginning, and End. In Jesus Name, Amen.
This is Day 15 of the series Planning with Purpose: 31 Days of Planner Tips
I wrote an INTRO POST here explaining everything!
I have also made designated a PAGE for it. Hope this makes it easy. I am happy to tackle a topic, or issue with regard to your planner habits.
Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me.
I pray this series is a blessing to you.
7 thoughts on “One Thing (5 Questions to Shape Your Day)”
Oy! This is so true! Thank you Dawn.
this is a short, insightful, helpful, and challenging post, Dawn. I LOVE questions and use them in journal classes as a means for God to probe our hearts. I have often prayed to be a one-thing woman, like Mary of Bethany. Jesus said to her: “But one thing is needful: and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” Oh would that our most crucial “one thing” be to sit at his feet…..just like you told me in your email today! And now I am headed there too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love this post Dawn. You are so good at this pondering stuff and urging us to be ponderers too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
WHoah! Hello Grandma! Nice to see you here…;) Hugs!
These are wonderful questions to ask myself and give some time to answer.
Comments are closed.