Because…

WP_20140526_12_43_49_Pro

“The discipline of the writer is to learn to be still and listen to what his subject has to tell him”

Rachel Carson

WP_20140526_12_43_49_Pro

“One way to open your eyes is to ask yourself, ‘What if I had never seen this before? What if I knew I would never see it again?’”

Rachel Carson

WP_20140526_12_43_49_Pro-001

“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find resources of strength that will endure as long as life lasts”

Rachel Carson

Linking with Create With Joy

1. shortybear
    May 28, 2014 @ 01:22:01

Awesome quotes.

2. Barbie
    May 28, 2014 @ 01:47:10

Beautiful quotes.

3. annb48
    May 28, 2014 @ 07:28:49

Fantastic quotes.

4. lynndmorrissey
    May 28, 2014 @ 08:54:21

I love the quotes. Ok….so this will sound lke a dumb question, I’m sure, but who is Rachel Carson, and where did you find the quotes? I esp. like the 2nd quote, and a journal is a way to help us see and savor and save our impressions. I also love that journals help us capture beauty. Thanks for shaing, Dawn.

• enthusiasticallydawn
      May 28, 2014 @ 19:24:50

Hi Lynn! It is not a dumb question and I just learned about Rachel Carson yesterday for the very first time since Google featured her on their search page as they do these things regularly…one of the many reasons I LOVE GOOGLE! So I learned a bit about her and searched for some quotes and chose the ones that resonated most! I almost wrote a bit about that for this post but was feeling a bit like sharing less words yesterday…

• lynndmorrissey
        May 28, 2014 @ 22:50:48

Thanks, Dawn. Yes, thank the Lord for Google. That is how I discovered Ann Voskamp several years ago…..simply Googled “Christian Journaling, ” and up popped her name. It never has since, but reading her blog led me to others and to new friends. Of course, I have Kel to thank for you!!
        And thanks for those quotes, friend. Wonderful.

5. Bailey