Whispers of Hope-Week 3

WP_20140221_07_13_52_Pro

“We are a people desperate for God’s Word. More than anything, God’s people need to know His Word and be willing to give him the freedom to adjust our lives to its precepts. ” ~Beth Moore

I had a quick walk on the beach Thursday afternoon, it was windy and the waves were spraying lovely. As I turned to walk back from gazing at the multitudes of beach stones scattered haphazardly across the wet sand, I spontaneously sought out a handful of  white stones.

Each stone a reminder of a sister I am praying for in this journey. Whenever  I get around stones, I almost always can find a heart shaped stone. God often likes to set them before me and I delight to find them. This day was no different, there it was and I  snatched it up and carried it back, setting it with the others on my journal for a special photo op! These stones a reminder of His presence with us on the journey.

We have passed the 21 day mark, I wonder if you are feeling more comfortable with the journey of praying with your pen?

Today’s devotional really summed it up beautifully, don’t you think? Revelation 4 holds some of the greatest worship passages ever written. Beth’s last paragraph in today’s devotional says, “Your life, your family, your background, your health, your job, your service, your circumstances- how differently would you view these things if you could see them only in relationship to God on His throne? Any other outlook gives us blurry vision. Try a new way of looking at things-the only true way of looking at things.”

Amen?

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty, who was and is and is to come!” Revelation 4:8

1. Dawn
    Feb 23, 2014 @ 09:55:19

I loved today’s devotional, it really struck a chord this morning…been holding a grudge and when I looked at it in the light of His holiness, it seemed so stupid and I was finally able to let go and just praise Him-hallelujah!! Can’t believe we’re three weeks in already and February is almost over! Love that heart shaped rock…if I was feeling better I’d be heading to Horseneck but that’ll have to wait….sigh….Have a fantastic Sunday!!

Ps: I know you saw the post yesterday but if the others want a peek at my Scripture doodles, here’s a link: http://heartdujour.blogspot.com Hugs!!

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:23:35

So glad God is speaking to you during the journey, Dawn! Praising Him with you for that breakthrough. Your doodles were pure inspiration! So glad you shared. Have a blessed week! see you all over (via SM) and love that we do!

2. annb48
    Feb 23, 2014 @ 11:43:12

I was inspired by today’s reading as well. Last night I did a scrapbook heritage page & once again God’s message through Beth’s pen was right on. I even did some journaling…but I find it difficult to be so structured when I use Beth’s method. I finally decided I need to go with what God lays on my heart & forget about each of the sections laid out. I find during the day when I’m praying, that I do touch on each of them.
    Hope you all have a glorious week!

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:30:26

Ann, if you do a post , feel free to share it in the comments here- so we can look! I really find that the structure is a wonderful way to maintain focus…however if that makes it harder to hear or see Him during your quiet time, then you must succumb to the promptings of the Spirit within! Also I like the format for journaling prayers during my prayer time, but understand and agree that because we abide in Him, praying throughout the day, is a precious gift that we get to live 24/7! I find that the format, even with variation, allows for a more focused prayer time, over time. Hope you are feeling better this week!

3. Barbie
    Feb 24, 2014 @ 01:01:26

You’re such an encouragement. Thank you for the scripture and the prayer you sent last week. I haven’t quit this journey, just not quite as far along as I’d hope to be. I will finish though. Have a blessed week!

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:33:40

Hi Barbie, I am so blessed to see your face here! Praying God blesses you as you stay the course. A good reminder, is to keep it simple. Adopt as needed. If you gain one tool, tip or step forward for your journey (The Ultimate One) then it is all good. Because, after all, He is All Good! Hugs!

4. Kathleen
    Feb 24, 2014 @ 11:05:17

Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday. I’m a bit behind for the week. Thank you so much for the scripture and prayer, Dawn! I’m still here though…I actually did some journaling this week too!

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Feb 24, 2014 @ 12:51:59

Yay! Glad to see you here…and yesterday at church…although from a distance! I also was late, so no worries! Computer issues etc. Hope you have a great week. Also, would love an update on how things went for the missionary trip!

5. Kathleen
    Feb 24, 2014 @ 15:07:28

They are coming home tonight. I’m so excited – I really missed the little (okay, not so little anymore) guy! I also wanted to add to my comment that I am feeling so good that even though I’m behind, I’m NOT feeling guilty! (well, not as much anyway) This is a HUGE deal for me. I am realizing that even though I’m not where I want to be, I’m still better than I was – to steal a quote from Joyce Meyer. The guilt was getting me nowhere and actually seemed to be driving a wedge between God and myself. And we know who’s behind that, right?

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Feb 24, 2014 @ 15:37:45

Oh, that is great news. I was wondering about how the trip went. Maybe he can share at church! Yet that might be intimidating? Anyhow, glad you are hanging in, because we do know who is behind tripping us up. Press on, my friend. We can do this and allow God to use this little journey however He wills. 😉

6. createwithjoy
    Feb 24, 2014 @ 21:56:57

Hi Dawn,

I had intended to join you for this study but it just “dawned” on me why I wasn’t receiving your posts – you changed blogs!

(You’ll have to tell me the why’s behind that when you have the time).

Anyway, I have the book but have missed out on most of the group journey it appears. I’ve been a tad preoccupied. If you stop by Inspire Me Monday, you will see why. My family could use your prayers…

There are some wonderful devotions in this book that have been a true blessing to me during this time though.

Hope to catch up on your posts in my spare time and figure out what I need to subscribe to in order to start receiving your posts again.

In the meantime, have a blessed week and check out my post about the gift of Magellan…

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Feb 25, 2014 @ 19:05:20

Hi Ramona,
      Praying for you-and have been linking up less, because of time constraints. But have been creating and hoping to share soon. Will be by to catch up and pray accordingly.
      sending love to you and the family.