Here are 5 reasons why walking a dog is good for You:
1. Walking a dog helps you get a little exercise in without it seeming like “exercise”.
2. Dogs are great teachers of routine. You walk the dog at 9 AM a few days and they will be at the door expecting the walk. Every day. It’s like having a Personal Trainer show up. With twice the guilt.
3. Hooray for outside activity. Getting outdoors is key to your well being and emotional health!
Unless you have side by side treadmills, you will be in God’s beautiful creation. You and doggie, can explore together. Who knows what you will see and find!
4. This can go either way, but most dogs are great pacers. They can jog a bit, walk and keep pace with their owner. So you and your pooch can actually get fit together.
5. Spending time with animals, especially our pooches has been shown to soothe the soul.
Contact with our pet is quality care for our emotional well being.
Now get out there and walk your dog!