On Brave -Because I’m Not (5 Minute Friday)

Brave.
I think of myself and know the truth. God knows I’m not brave.
When I hear the word brave, I think of my husband. Spot on.It takes courage to take on a family. To step out in faith and say the words, marry me. And trust me I was fearful, because I saw so much ugliness in marriage as a child that I dared not hope. Pressed down that little girl dream that is dormant within every little girl’s heart. Yes, I said every little girl. We all long for the kind of faithfulness that comes from above in a man. And that is the loftiest of all dreams…dangerous, risky. But this precious, man. Long time friend has shown me his courage, again and again. In the way he gets up and goes to that job. Loves this sinner graciously. Models gentleness to this fresh chick and loves me just the way I am. Even likes me in my yuck, but sees past it. Sees something in me beautiful that I can’t see.  Models, patience and true bravery while living amongst the land of drama. We two girls have our moments, and he so sweetly holds us together in love that reflects a love I feel unworthy of but oh, so grateful for. How this man loves us. And in this love I see him brave. And in this love I see Him.
I’m rambling, exhausted, but made it to my first late night FMF Party! Yippee!
See you all in the morning.
That was really fun. And awkward.

Join in by clicking below!

1. Amy
    May 03, 2013 @ 04:54:17

Dawn, I am so glad you joined FMF tonight. This is such a beautiful tribute to your husband. Thanks for sharing.

2. Karrilee Aggett
    May 03, 2013 @ 05:12:52

Yay – you did it!!! I am so glad you made it over on Twitter and that you posted tonight – tired and flustered… see? You ARE Brave, my friend!

3. Recovering Church Lady
    May 03, 2013 @ 05:16:54

Oh I adore this post, it made tears well up. The perfect good-night read for this lady in Cali! I so love the pic of the 3 of you, so much love and sweetness there.

May 03, 2013 @ 11:28:22

This is so beautiful.

5. Dawn Paoletta
    May 03, 2013 @ 12:48:14

Thanks Karrilee, you made it easy for me! Once inspiration hit- figured I would just go with it before hitting the hay!

6. Dawn Paoletta
    May 03, 2013 @ 12:48:38

Thanks so much, Amy!

7. Dawn Paoletta
    May 03, 2013 @ 12:49:31

I was teary when I wrote it as well…it just kind of spilled out. Started thinking about how I was going to write about brave and then BAM…it came to me.

8. Dawn Paoletta
    May 03, 2013 @ 12:49:41

Thanks, sweet friend!

9. Pamela M. Steiner
    May 03, 2013 @ 12:50:09

How precious this is! Love the pictures too. What a wonderful man God provided for you both!!! You are blessed beyond measure!

10. Rebecca
    May 03, 2013 @ 13:47:47

Amen!! Love this post:)

May 03, 2013 @ 14:18:07

Just beautiful…what an amazing tribute. Thank you for sharing. 🙂 (And yay for your first FMF Party! I got distracted this week but looking forward to joining you all next week!) Happy weekend! 🙂

12. 1 of the Creekside Team
    May 03, 2013 @ 14:33:23

Yes, brave friend, you are blessed in this seaon of life!Linda

13. Kel Rohlf
    May 03, 2013 @ 16:44:26

Love the brave tribute and the precious photos!

14. Plays with Purpose
    May 04, 2013 @ 00:49:16

What a sweet way of looking at your husband, with bravery. Glad I finally stopped by because I am loving your blog..especially the above post with the teenage hair sneak…been there done that. We had to hide all the scissors in the house for a few years, even the blunt kiddy ones, she loved to cut her own hair, and cut her hair and cut her hair. We named her Jenny Scissorhands. She finally grew up and out of it! Glad your daughter got to live through it!

15. Nikki @ Simplystriving
    May 04, 2013 @ 03:36:47

So bummed I missed the #FMFParty last night! (I'm usually there)…but am so thrilled you jumped in bravely and did it. you are brave. and your husband? I'd love to thank him in person…for showing you Jesus.

16. Dawn Paoletta