My Sweet Girl (5 Minute Friday-Cherished)

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways…
Psalm 91:11
I dropped you off today. A new fresh start for you. Mid year and I can’t help but wonder how it will all turn out. My sweet girl, I left you alone with a thousand strangers today and I am clinging to the hope that God hears this mother’s prayers. That you would find favor with those you don’t know yet, and who don’t know you. That grace would find you at this new school, in this new place. I told God this morning that I would turn my “concerns” to prayers and not worries. But it’s only 9:20 Am and 2:35 PM seems like an eternity. How will I get through wondering how you are getting through? But this I wish you knew right now, wish I could whisper it right into your day…am now whispering. My sweet girl you are cherished, you are loved. You are precious in His sight.  And He is with you…and I have prayed his angels escort you on this day and a million interventions are drifting heavenward.
 You hem me in–behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
Psalm 139:5

This is how we do Fridays-
5 minutes of writing whatever comes out!
Join us!
Five Minute Friday

Blog Post Hop

Missional Women

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,”script”,”twitter-wjs”);

1. afridaysgirl
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 14:49:51

Well, this just brought me to tears. I loved it!! Rosanne

2. Toni C
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 14:55:05

Praying for mom and daughter. Love you Dawn!

3. MyJourneyBack
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 15:10:46

Beautiful post. I can only imagine the difficulty in leaving your child now a days. I know how cherished they are. Even at 30 mine is cherished! Your post was very special and brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for sharing this. Have a wonderful day. Sherry

4. Brian Miller
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 15:44:26

smiles….i hope that one day she gets to read this so she can hear your heart toward her…

5. Ashley Ditto
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 16:35:46

Loved this! She looks just like you! 🙂

6. jeskmom
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 16:46:34

I have seen these words answered a thousand times in a dozen languages and am always awed by the power of them. They light up the darkness and remind me that this day–this very new and (to you) dark day–heaven is involved in the life of your daughter. Interrupting what might harm her, overwhelming those who might do damage to her in lasting ways. And He's with you as you wait. As the Word says, “may the Lord watch between you while you are separated one from another.” IE, Maranatha.

7. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 17:08:33

I appreciate that, Toni!

8. Recovering Church Lady
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 19:20:56

Joining you in prayer for your girl today Dawn.

9. Pamela M. Steiner
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 22:24:09

Wow. This brought tears to my eyes. Your one word for 2013, “Release”…yeah, that's what parenting is all about…and it's one of the most difficult parts we have to endure and learn, again and again and again. My kids are 41, 40, and 35…and I am still learning how to release over and over again. Prayers and hugs to you and your precious daughter today. May God bring peace and joy to your heart in the process…learning to trust as she learns to fly.

10. quietspirit
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 22:41:30

God will carry you through any concern or worry you may have about your daughter.

11. Pam Manners
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 22:50:32

So beautiful, Dawn! Would you believe that these two verses were in my head early this morning, L-O-N-G before I read your post? OF COURSE you would, BBFF!!! ❤ And….this came along at the perfect time. My Kat is going for behind-the-wheel on Tuesday and then…The Permit. These two verses will be my prayers for her…and me, of the ever graying hair.Well done, sweet sister!Pam

Jan 18, 2013 @ 22:54:45

Aww I hope she got on okay? Smiles.

Jan 18, 2013 @ 23:59:28

Precious post.

14. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:00:28

Thanks, my friend. Our hearts beat together! Oh, my- driving! ACK! Praying for you in that!

15. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:02:04

She had a great day! She really did. I am just relieved and hopeful for her. I will be praying daily and more faithfully as I am sure God wills.

16. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:02:28

Appreciate. SHe had a great day and this mom is grateful.

17. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:02:57

Thanks, Cecelia- your quiet, firm faith bless me.

18. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:04:00

Ya know I cried while I wrote it. It was one of those writes. And yes…Release, learning what it means. Realizing I need to loosen my grip and trust God more.

19. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:04:23

Again, your words bless. 😉

20. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:05:10

Thank you, Sherry.

21. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:05:40

Maybe…depends on the mood! Thanks, Brian. 😉

22. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:06:13

Aw, you are sweet Ashley. SHe is a lot like me…

23. Dawn Paoletta
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 03:07:03

Thanks, Rosanne. I was teary even as I wrote it.

24. LuAnn Braley
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 07:50:17

The first time we dropped our boys (then 4 and 3) off at Head Start was much harder on me than on them. I made it out of the room in restraint but almost had to hold onto hubby's arm to make it to the car.I guess it won't be all that long now (they are 16 and 15) until they leave the nest altogether to start their own households and families. I'd like to think I've learned something in the ensuing years…most likely that it's not going to be any easier this time around. *sigh*

25. BARBIE
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 07:54:44

What a moving post. I am thankful to hear she had such a good day! It's hard to let go, isn't it?

26. Debbie Petras
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 16:38:02

What a beautiful heartfelt post from a loving mama!

27. Bohemian Babushka
    Jan 20, 2013 @ 00:29:06

The bittersweet lessons of parenthood. Beautiful post- the love radiates from it, both for your daughter and for God. Here from the showcase once again, and once again engulfing your writing. BB2U

28. Heather
    Jan 21, 2013 @ 01:27:34

After this weekends events, I am certain that whenever I come to your page I will see an answer from God. Psalms 91:11 ….yeah, that verse alone is something I should ponder when Monday starts. Hope and pray your little girl is doing well. 🙂 Heather