Time, Chance and Choice {5 Minute Friday: Race}

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,”script”,”twitter-wjs”);

I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned;
 but time and chance happen to them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11

There was a time when faster mattered to me.
More and better were my creed.
I was hungry for the things of this life and sought
 to fill the empty places and chase dreams while racing against the clock.
Wisdom introduced itself and almost a half century of living has
taught me that there may be something to seizing the day,
 but there is something more powerful in taking time to smell the roses.
After all why should I trade the beauty of the present moment while grasping at wind.
I don’t care if I do it all, see it all, be  it all, have the latest,
 greatest brand or whatever is in today.
Roses are beautiful for a season, and why miss that?

Oct 12, 2012 @ 11:17:21

Amazing post.

2. Modern Day Disciple
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 11:19:31

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend, Denise!

Oct 12, 2012 @ 12:11:16

Great reminder!

4. Debbie Petras
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 14:24:10

I smiled as I read your words Dawn! And the rose is beautiful. I have an assortment of them on my front entry area of our condo. They are blooming and …I'm going to enjoy them. Thanks for the reminder.Blessings and love,Debbie

5. Ugochi
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 20:19:01

We often worry too much to enjoy the blessing s God give to us, thanks Dawn for reminding us to take the time to enjoy God!

6. BARBIE
    Oct 14, 2012 @ 05:00:33

So beautiful! The rose, you, this write up. I want to stop and smell the roses too!