How Vacations Are Like Heaven

The view I will look out at from the window of The Sunset  Cabin
I’ve been looking forward to our family
vacation very much this year.
We will visit Maine for one week.

The beach
I am feeling a little like I
need to recharge my batteries…
Mountains surrounding Webb Lake
Do you ever feel that way?
Beautiful, yes?
  This will be our third year visiting Weld, Maine.
We have fallen in love with this beautiful place.
Our rocky shore
The way I have been looking forward to this vacation,
 reminds me a little of how we look forward to Heaven…

See the long window and smaller one to the right  (not tree view)
 – they overlook the lake and mountains!
We carry the thought and hope of it in our hearts.
Back of our cabin and sheds
We look forward to enjoying our loved ones,
free of the stress of daily living and distraction.
The owners of the eight cabins are sweet and kind! This is the smallest cabin.
Most of them are huge, able to hold large families comfortably with porches and
two floors etc.
We anticipate joy, and good things to come,
although we do not know exactly all of the details.
Pulling up to bliss…
opposite side of our vacation haven!
Knowing our destination allows us to press on in the present moment knowing we can count on the fulfillment and
promise of what is to come.

“No eye has seen,
    no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
    what God has prepared for those who love him”
1 Corinthians 2:9

1. Recovering Church Lady
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 15:42:28

Soooo jealous! Enjoy!

2. jeskmom
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 17:19:09

A cabin in the woods on a lake. Sigh. Reminds me of my childhood. And (of course!) On Golden Pond. Plus, I LOVE your words about how knowing our destination helps us fully live in the present, and also reminds me of Philippians 3: 12-14.

3. Pamela M. Steiner
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 18:19:31

Ahhhhhhh! Breathe the air!!! Fresh Maine mountain air…..ok, I'm sold…when do we go? Maybe all of us blogger friends could meet there sometime! Wouldn't THAT be like heaven???????

4. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 18:50:00

Can't wait!

5. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 18:52:04

Amen, Carolyn. Thanks.Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

6. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 18:52:35

Pamela, YES!

7. quietspirit
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 21:07:22

This is a beautiful site. The peace and quiet I feel when I see places like this make me want to find someplace just like it.

8. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 02:34:10

This comment has been removed by the author.

9. Modern Day Disciple
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 02:36:56

Cecelia, This will be our first year at this site. What a blessing! The first year we camped at the campground there in a TENT! The second we rented a camper! This year we were blessed to get a cabin – a rare treat for this area, which is booked through the Summer with repeat guests from all over the world. Reasonable, too!

10. The Paper Princess
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 03:18:57

What a beautiful post Dawn! I have always wanted to visit Maine! Seeing the pictures and reading your description reminds me of a place I used to visit long ago for its beauty and solitude in the woods. How I long for those days…We all need times of refreshing – thank you for reminding me how those times come from the Lord!Have a glorious weekend!Create With Joyhttp://create-with-joy.com

11. Self Sagacity
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 04:18:08

It looks great. I hope you will get some rest and relaxing

12. Brenda Youngerman
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 14:02:35

WOW… that place looks beautiful and I can see why you would be looking forward to it!

13. SamanthaD
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 14:06:05

That looks so nice. I love your pictures. {New Follower}Samantha http://cooksandcreates.blogspot.com

Jun 15, 2012 @ 18:45:28

That looks lovely!

15. LeeBoardway
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 22:35:15

To Dawn, and all who aspire to come to Maine: you are most welcome! God “worked overtime” on my native state, and the Weld pictures are a small sample of the abundant beauty He created here!If you get the opportunity to come – take it! You won't be disappointed!To Dawn specifically: take full advantage of this “down time”; allow the Spirit to speak to you and enjoy your time here. :)My best to you, Angelo, and Katherine. God Bless you all.Lee