Prayers Like Bouquets

Where flowers bloom so does hope.
~Lady Bird Johnson
 Large crowds came to him.
They brought blind people and those who could not walk.
They also brought disabled people,
those who could not speak,
 and many others.
They laid them at his feet, and he healed them.
Matthew 15:30
Prayers Like Bouquets
Imagine before you a flower cart
overflowing with blooms,
dear to your heart
Unique bouquets
before your eyes-
strangely familiar to your surprise.
Each bouquet
represents-
a group of people
for prayers dispensed.
Beautiful bunches
each opportunity,
answered prayers
you’ve yet to see.
Look at the flowers
seeing your friends,
your family and others
on whom your prayers depend.
Pick a bloom
to hold in hand,
as you do,
answer His command-
to pray without ceasing
and love always…
Prayers like bouquets
lifted up as praise.
©Dawn Paoletta

Prayer, is the root, the fountain, the mother of a thousand blessings.

~ Chrysostom

At all times, pray by the power of the Spirit. Pray all kinds of prayers. Be watchful, so that you can pray. Always keep on praying for all of God’s people.
Ephesians 6: 18

I have been considering the healing power of prayer. The prayer that lifts continuously and quietly, hidden- before His eyes alone, in the chamber of the heart for the physical and spiritual needs of others . I have been thinking of the many groups of people I know in various walks of life. It’s overwhelming at times, all these needs, and prayers that need to be prayed. I just had the image of a cart with colorful bouquets as I contemplated the many needs. Suddenly, I felt inspired, and close to God’s heart and Beauty as I imagined each bouquet God has presented me with for prayer. Family, girlfriends, Christian friends/Body – near and far, enemies (oh yes, them too-flowers all!), fellow bloggers, leaders, teachers, children. Each one a flower in a beautiful bouquet God has given.

Consider your bouquets today, and lay each one out before Him,
then raise them up with thanksgiving, prayer and praise.
All beautiful blessings each bouquet, each flower, to Him.

1. Marti
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 23:41:54

Beautiful poem and inspiring thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

2. Mystic_Mom
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 02:02:44

This is so inspiring, praying for people like the unique blooms they are…how wonderful! Thanks for joining the link up and for sharing!

3. Esther Joy
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 02:18:20

That's a beautiful word picture – prayer bouquets!

Mar 08, 2012 @ 20:19:17

Love this image! Once when I was praying for someone I've prayed years for, an image came to mind of the Lord taking a bowl and pouring it over him. Later I read that exact image in Revelations…that are prayers are in bowls in heaven and at the right time the Lord mixes it with fire and pours it out. I love that. Thanks for sharing! -Pam

5. quietspirit
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 05:02:29

Dawn: Your poem is outstanding. Thanks for sharing. cll4him@sbcglobal.net

6. Tracy
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 18:16:10

Hi Dawn – lovely prayer! prayer is so important and so powerful. I have so much to learn about prayer. thanks for this great encouragement and for linking up.God blessTracy

7. Pam
    Mar 10, 2012 @ 17:17:26

What a beautiful poem and image, Dawn. I also feel as you do — overwhelmed by all the people in my life, near and far, who are in need of prayer. Some needs are so great, I don't know where to start!Yet what a sweet and oh-so-helpful picture you have painted here, though — a garden full of prayer needs we can pick, set into a prayer bouquet and present to our loving, capable Father, Who is more than pleased to receive from us, His children.Thank you, dear bloggy friend!At His feet,Pam

8. Chatty Crone
    Mar 11, 2012 @ 01:40:17

You know what – maybe that is why I love flowers so much – they have always reminded me of God. sandie

9. Shah Wharton
    Mar 11, 2012 @ 10:12:51

A very beautiful poem and expression. May all those dreams come true Dawn 🙂

10. Laura @ BeholdingGlory.com
    Mar 12, 2012 @ 20:45:53

Dawn this is awesome! Thank you for linking it up with Faith Filled Fridays, I am blessed!