Misadventures Of A Praying Mom

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
   and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed,
   and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
   and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
Psalm 63:5-7

Seriously, I am going to have to start a “Chronicles of…” series. It seems whenever I attempt to do something after my Moms In Prayer weekly group get together, God pulls out all the stops and has fun with us innocent moms. I mean it. It’s as if He wants to say, “I am going to have some fun with you ladies, now. Especially the bossy one”. If you read the post on my last adventure when my sweet praying friend, who shall remain nameless (but she knows who she is), left me at the coffee shop, you will surely be amused with my latest adventure. Or as I am calling it a misadventure. However, once again, no-one was seriously injured during these shaninigans AND the kids didn’t starve either! Phew.
This week we were preparing to start the Fern Nichol’s “Igniting A Passion To Pray” study so I followed another praying mom to her home to meet, discuss details and pray with the intention (once again) on returning to help deliver hot lunches to students back at school once we finished.
Man Plans, God Laughs

Funny, how time flies when you are praying, planning and enjoying sweet Sisterhood in Christ.
I looked at my watch and realized it was time for me to head back to the school.
You are getting a Deja -Vu feeling…in 5, 4,
I chat as I put my books in my bag, grab my purse, jacket, keys thrown in…
still chatting as we are walking out saying goodbyes.
Hugs, goodbyes,
smiles.
3, throwing the book bag in the back seat, closing the door.
Bending to pick the purse up (why did I put it down anyway?)
2, opening the front door.
Not.
Guess where my keys are?
The rich part is that the books in the bag actually hit the auto lock on the key fob!
I hardly ever lock my doors on purpose!
Sweet Tracie (since she did not abandon and forget me I can share her name) offers to drive me back to the school and help me deliver the lunches.
We arrive back at the school, deliver those hot lunches with amazing efficiency.
We head back to her house together and call Road Service.
Do You Like Shrimp?

Tracie decides we should have lunch while we wait.
Shrimp Cocktail.
Oh, who is laughing now!
God allowed us a lovely unplanned lunch date.
All in a Days Work
Road Service guy arrives. He has an amazing sense of humor and loves his job.
13 years working happily doing road service.
He is a blessing.
We have a few laughs as he tries to get the door open.
He succeeds.
One more time with goodbyes.
Wow.
Here is the take home:
You never know the adventures
 that will come your way
when women get together and pray.
and
Our God is an Unpredictably Gracious God.
He loves to surprise us with unexpected joy,
in uncommon ways, in common places!
You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.
1 Peter 1:18
Joining in with Bonnie @ Faith Barista today!

1. Jennifer
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 10:50:46

I love your adventures! And life is no fun without stories to tell!!

2. Pam
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 13:16:04

This was priceless! How I wish we lived in the same town. Who wouldn't want to share mom misadventures — and a lunch of shrimp — with you?

3. Plum
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 17:24:34

Man plans, God laughs is one of my favorite sayings!

4. Chatty Crone
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 18:54:50

I like that saying -too – Man plans – God laughs – don't we ever get it – he is in control and I do it all the time myself. sandie

Jan 20, 2012 @ 20:17:38

Like those words – “Man plans – God laughs” Nice post! Have a lovely weekend!

6. Walking on Sunshine...
    Jan 21, 2012 @ 02:18:14

And you reacted great to the little bump in the road! Hope you have a nice weekend and you get some snow! It should start snowing here in 3 hours! Enjoy!

7. Patricia Perkowski
    Jan 21, 2012 @ 04:49:41

There is a wonderful book, that is unfortunately out of print, called “What Happens When Women Pray” There is a chapter titled: God Never Makes A Mistake; and I thought of you and your adventures when I read it.Found you on http://www.mommyonlyhas2hands.org

8. momto8
    Jan 22, 2012 @ 03:45:27

so let's just let God decide and we will all be happy!

9. Heather
    Jan 22, 2012 @ 04:58:50

This reminds me of the day I had today with my friend Tiffany. She first broke her phone charger, so she couldn't call me and then she left her lights on in her car so her car was dead and I owed her a birthday lunch. So she facebooked me and I headed over with jumper cables. It could have been a bad day for her, but I felt good helping a friend out and we ended up getting coffee and sushi and having a nice girl time out. I really needed it after seven weeks cooped up with a newborn. 😉

10. Laureen