Could We Redefine the Question?

“The will of God is not something you add to your life.
It’s a course you choose. You either line yourself up with the Son of God…
or you capitulate to the principle which governs the rest of the world.”
Elisabeth Elliot

The first time she asked, I was caught off guard. After all, I had only put my resume out two hours earlier. As I was simultaneously preparing dinner, chatting with my hubby, and  monitoring homework/after school time with my daughter, I nonchalantly picked up the phone, not quite sure about the wisdom in that decision. SO imagine my amazement when I heard this statement, point blank being shot at me, “What are your goals?”  Imagine my relief that she could not see the stupefied expression on my face. Goals? Oh, like for the position I applied for recently? Or, like for the next 45 minutes? I am pretty sure the goal of getting my family dinner and daughter focused on homework and not the latest Apple “app” is probably my “immediate short term goal”. Oh, that’s probably not the right answer. How about the goal of having hair roots that are actually a color on the color chart as opposed to the “steely grey” look that is peaking out of my crown. Or my toes, which have been woefully neglected, and are strongly desiring at the very least a fabulous Fall coat and a good sloughing  as well. Oh, maybe you should know that the ceiling fans are well overdue for the little broom “thingamagiggy” my mom bestowed upon me to address the “work” left, by the very active dust producing fairies that live in our humble abode. Yes, that would be a goal filed under: Immediate Action Required. Goal.
A word I used to cling to like a Holy Grail of sorts. A few years back I went through The Purpose Driven Life   by Rick Warren with a small group (actually two small groups and two separate times). I came up with a mission statement which reads:

“My life purpose is to know God, love Him with passion, trust Him completely, grow in His grace, minister His truth and serve Him wholeheartedly wherever I am, whomever I am with at all times, forever. Amen.”

So, what are my “goals” ? is the question.

1. Goal: (noun) the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end. 2. Finish.
A goal can be long or short term. I have a short term goal of writing a blog, but the long term goal is to author a book. I had a goal of making a career in Fitness and competing in Bodybuilding and Power lifting. I am finished with those goals. I guess the reason I felt so like the deer in the headlights is that I am currently “goal-less” when I think of the Fitness field. It has always been my passion to help others sort out fact from fiction, with regard to fitness and bring a balanced approach in an otherwise “extreme” and potentially out of balance environment. That approach has always fueled my fire. As of late, extreme is all the rage. I find myself in a challenging position. I know I need to press on. I feel as though I am in the process of being REDEFINED. I am not sure of the direction my faithful, Leader is pointing me.
You see it’s not as if I don’t want to have an answer to the question,
it’s just that my answer is wrapped up in Him.
He is free to DEFINE me anyway He desires.

Many are the plans in a man’s heart,
but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21

1. Hug a tree with me
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 00:11:36

I'm your newest follower from the hop:) Check me out at http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com whenever u can

2. C. Beth
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 02:41:51

“He is free to DEFINE me anyway He desires.”I like that!!

Sep 20, 2011 @ 11:49:02

Appreciate the follow and I am following back.Ohio Outdoors

4. Sunray Gardens
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 13:21:17

Thanks for stopping by and following and I am doing same.Cher Sunray Gardens

5. Kathy
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 13:51:44

Hi, Thanks for the visit from Tuesday Train! Your post today was an interesting one, which certainly set the wheels in my head in motion! I get so caught up in today, that sometimes I forget about goals. I need to think about that!You asked how I like Word Press. I actually prefer it over Blogger. I have a blog with each, so I use both. Two blogs…yeah, call me crazy. LOL

Sep 20, 2011 @ 16:07:30

Thanks, all for the Blog Hop Love and follows for my new bloggy gal pals! @Beth as always, appreciate your appreciation (and “share” ) @Kathy, I am considering also one more blog Fitness related and possibly a third. I am crazy like that! Thanks for stopping by! @ the fact that I still have to comment “anonomously” on my own Blog: Sigh…at least I can say something! In His Grace, Dawn

Nov 23, 2011 @ 04:58:06

This is such a great source that you are offering in addition to you offer it without cost. I get pleasure from viewing websites that know the value of giving a first-rate resource free of charge. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks for using much of strength into this! Before I go, allow me thank you for your understanding with my English as (I am convinced you have become aware this at this time ,), English is not my original language therefore I am utilizing Google Translate to figure out how to note down what I really intend to write .