It’s National Poetry Month (#NPM17)…
here is this morning’s poetic offering:
Overcoming the superficial life with grace, authenticity and truth
10 Apr 2017 Leave a comment
24 Apr 2015 8 Comments
Question: Have you been longing to journal but been having mixed results from your efforts?
Question: Do you wish you were more focused when you pray?
Question: Would you like to experience deeper intimacy with Jesus?
Question: Do you wish you knew what to write about that didn’t seem like meaningless rambling?
Question: Do you ever desire to sort out the things that lurk beneath the surface of your faith life; those big questions that resurface in the long watches of the night?
Well, I believe if you commit and join in this journaling journey you will:
1. Develop a consistent journaling habit which inspires all you do.
2. Discover the benefits of journaling as communication with the Lord.
3. Grow in intimacy in your relationship with Jesus.
4. Engage scripture, and scriptural writings- as we seek transparency before the Lord on the pages of our journals, connecting with our own unique voices and God’s affirming presence.
5. Strengthen your faith and confidence in God- as we offer our words to Him, and as we learn to sit quietly before Him, listening, available. We will practice stillness. We will meditate on His truth. We will seek to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior by basking in His loving presence with pen and paper.
I believe friends, you will be blessed as you explore your own Emmaus Road, walking with our Savior, journaling the journey and all that Jesus reveals to you along the way.
So, gather your pen and paper…be ready for whatever!
Subscribe to receive the posts directly in your inbox. To kick off this Journaling Journey I am giving away a Journal and my favorite Journaling pen. Ends Monday 12 AM. This is a FLASH giveaway to jump-start your writing adventure!