Hello, and welcome to October first. A month that begins in this wild, wonderful blogging universe something called Write 31 Days…which, is basically, exactly as it sounds…
I have participated in this little writing adventure a number of times, covering everything from Fitness to Faith- and a little bit in between! If you want to join in, it’s NOT too late. I encourage you to give it a try, if you need a kick in your writing or blogging pants. Or there’s even an Instagram option this year! Head over and explore a bit if you desire, here’s the link to Crystal Stines’s Blog where all the details are found.
My focus this year is Journaling. Some of you will NOT be surprised. If you are new to my little blog, WELCOME!
I’m Dawn, and I’m passionate about journaling! Journaling has been a passion of mine for a very long time. I’ve journaled through a lifetime of experiences- good, bad and ugly. I’ve journaled through happy times and tragic times; through losses and victories, successes, failures, depression, abuse and abandonment.
I know journaling can change lives and save lives! It has done so for me.
There’s a rumor that I have filled 1000 journals. It’s more around the 800 mark.
Either way, you get the point. Journaling and me…we have history. I want to let you know what to expect, straight away, for the next 31 days.
My goal is for short bursts of inspiration to get you excited about your own journaling journey, whether you do it for five minutes or five hours!
Here’s how I intend to do that this month:
- Book Shares: I will be sharing what I consider to be the best books on journaling and how they have shaped and influenced my journaling habit and style.
- Short Videos- I wanted to do one for this first night’s post but my allergies were horrible, and that was a big, stuffy NO. BUT, short videos are possible in the posts.
- SHORT Blog Posts- why do I keep saying short? Because I know there are a lot of things pulling people in multiple directions. I want this to be something that is helpful, not burdensome. I know what it’s like to be trying to read, write, live and do all the things. This could be my longest post! I hope this will be helpful.
- Spontaneous Journal Prompts- Although this is not a straightforward 31 Days of Journaling, there will be plenty of inspiration. I will offer what I call SJPs on social media- if you already follow me on these platforms you know what I mean. Inspiration is everywhere. We just have to be open to it. I’ll share, and you can respond if you like.
- Random Journal Shares- I will share excerpts from some of my journal archives. I used to host a weekly and monthly link up for sharing archived journals. Check out some of those at this link: Random Journal Day
- Guest Posts from Journal Friends- Um, if you are one of my Journal Friends, please let me know if you would like to join in and share something! Otherwise…stay tuned.
- Fun Giveaways…and a special October 20% Discount from Christine of Crisdori Studios -Traveler’s Notebook Maker and Entrepreneurial Woman on Etsy who makes beautiful covers for journal lovers.
- Journal Coffee Chats: I’ll be sharing and discussing my favorite journals of all time. I’ll also take questions ahead of time and share them throughout the month.
On top of all this Spaghetti, the monster meatball is the fact that I am releasing a book this month. I ‘m pretty excited about that and YOU will be able to join me as I birth this first book at the end of the month. I’ll be giving a few of those away as well. Honestly, it’s going to be a lot of fun this month here…so I hope you will stick around, and if you are not a Journal Enthusiast, yet…well let’s not mince words…I aim to make you one!
Thanks for joining me on the journey!
I’ll be using the hashtag #thejournalenthusiast all month
Look for my posts before bed! Sweet Dreams, Journal Enthusiasts!