Spring Allies/Stone Wisdom

WP_20140308_12_20_36_Pro (1)

Tonight I give you two poems for the price of one! Friends from dVverse, feel free to scroll down for the Macro/Micro proper.

Shanyn is hosting the dVerse Poetics – the prompt was a Macro picture and a Micro poem  of 140 characters or less. I misunderstood and started with 140 words (111 actually) but then was graciously corrected. So here we have both efforts. All in all a fun night of writing.

Spring Allies

Spring whispered yesterday
attuned my ear did I
leaning toward me
and I toward her
embraced her stark blue sky

I breathed deep the air
sensed her gentle nudge
in the swaying branches
although still bare

the blackness intermingled
hid among the trees
at first I didn’t notice
above the rustling breeze

watching me watching him
kindred souls are we
to earth and sky we belong

yet, she herself is free

comes and goes of her own accord
all await her dewy kiss
life she holds within her grasp
in the morning mist

watching him watching me
I did realize
It was she who introduced us

Spring did make us allies.

My first stab at Poetics for dVerse. Thanks for the invite, Shanyn- I was actually feeling poetic today. Missing OLN and the gang. So let’s give this a try!

OK! So big DUH!  Thank you Brian and Shanyn for the wake up calls…er comments.

2nd try, 140 CHARACTERS -not words, with a a MACRO picture. OH, mercy.

WP_20140311_12_33_01_Pro

Stone Wisdom

Squeezed into a hard place,

insignificant,

but not unloved.

Among many,

but not unknown.

I played around with the second piece a bit and omitted the following line: “Alone by the sea, still my Maker knows me.” Of course I had to omit the buts to make that work, but…just decided to slash away and cut to the chase. Thanks for your patience ! Happy 140 characters night to you! That was painful and yet fun at the same time.

1. brian miller
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 20:02:20

smiles…makes for interesting allies…i like the connection i feel in this to nature…and even the nod to nature….

psst…its 140 characters…not words….
    get out the scissors…
    and start cutting…
    smiles.

just over 2 weeks til oln….

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Mar 12, 2014 @ 20:08:34

hahahaha! After I read the other links I started to get it. Oh, brother – see, I am so dense! lol. Glad it was you who found me out. Ack. Maybe I will do another. I might be on a roll tonight…smiles. and raucous laughter!

• brian miller
        Mar 12, 2014 @ 21:39:56

i like your condensed version as well…
        loved and known…we are for sure…and our significance
        is secure as well in the place it needs to be…smiles.

2. shanyns
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 20:17:58

Don’t run with those scissors! I loved your poem, and can’t wait to see what you do with 140 characters and a macro photo! You can use any from my page, the links are in the prompt at dVerse!

3. shanyns
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 21:03:54

Ah lovely retake my friend. Both are great, and I’m so glad you joined us for a prompt! You are coming back for another, right? You did a great job. I love the stone photo and micropoetry. 🙂

4. Toni C.
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 21:22:54

Don’t care if you broke the rules LOL…love ’em both!

5. rmp
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 22:36:07

both pieces are lovely. I’m still waiting for spring to whisper to me… I can’t figure out which one is the stone of wisdom…

6. kkkkaty1
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 00:42:19

Love the stones…I can hear them…

7. Barbie
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 00:45:22

Love them both!

8. claudia
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 01:08:23

there’s a nice bit of wisdom that those stones can teach us… so important to know we’re loved..and known

9. Björn Rudberg (brudberg)
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 05:48:37

Lovely set both of them… I really like how it challenges us to condense it down to 140 characters.. the space between the stones.. .I think we all feel that way sometimes.

10. susieklein
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 21:55:05

Ah, I love this post and greatly enjoyed the comments! brava!
    Susie