The Victory of Three

large_4947319215

Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.

~Matthew 4:11

By three the tempter came to Christ, by three he made his pleas

Twisted and distorted each of God’s Decrees

He started with the natural, hunger from within

But Jesus had the Last word, saw through the King of Sin…

Next he brought The Son, to a higher place

looked into the eyes of God, beheld the Saviors face

with no desire for the things above,

blasphemed the Son of God

traded away his birthright, God’s abiding love

all for his own brief glory

of which he can never get enough…

Higher still the deceiver took him, Jesus refused to bow

though kingdoms were offered instead of  thorned crown for His brow.

The Living Word of God

Eternal Mighty Sword

Cast out the evil one

by a Three Strand Cord

God, the Father, Son and Spirit

Triune, Holy Lord

Then the devil left him, and the angels came

ministering to the one born, with His Holy Name

At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow

Every tongue confess Him-

Why not start right now?

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

~Philippians 2:10-11

This song from Michael Card shares a beautiful truth about The Way, may it bless you today:

Linking with 3-D Lessons for Life on Thought Provoking Thursday…on Friday! Because yetserday was too busy . 😉

photo credit: Mara ~earth light~ via photopin cc

1. shanyns
    Mar 06, 2014 @ 11:07:23

Powerful poem, and so well crafted! AMEN!

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Mar 06, 2014 @ 20:29:13

Thanks, Shanyn. I am going to miss Tuesdays at dVerse…I am a scheduled kind of writing chick… not sure where to go poetically to share without a prompt. 😉

• shanyns
        Mar 07, 2014 @ 21:14:05

There are a few, you could start one, I’m sure a group would come on over for it! There will be Open Link Night once a month, and you are a good poet, I’d love to see you at the prompts too!

2. kelrohlf
    Mar 06, 2014 @ 23:11:02

I love this poetic reflection! I was just thinking about the temptation of Jesus today and how there were three of them, just like the three-fold temptations we face found in 1 John…I was reading some book, devotion or blog…that made this point about Eve’s temptation being three fold, yet she did not pass the temptation like Jesus did…I wish I could remember where I was reading…that’s the problem with me grazing several books, etc at once 🙂

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Mar 07, 2014 @ 06:52:50

Thanks, Kel- Thank you for sharing about the three in 1 John, that is one of my fave verses…and I did not connect the three in the Garden, but yes…love the symbolicness. Let me know if you think of the book! I do the same thing!

3. laura
    Mar 07, 2014 @ 11:26:07

Beautiful, Dawn! It almost worked, but then I got stuck on “hunger from within”. Yep. That’s what’s happening here 🙂

• enthusiasticallydawn
      Mar 07, 2014 @ 11:36:36

Well thanks for stopping by, anyway, Laura…that hunger within can certainly be a distraction. Better wield the Sword! or Butter Knife…as the case may be. Good luck. I will not tell you what I am snacking on. zipping the lips.

4. poetry joy
    Mar 09, 2014 @ 12:38:45

Beautiful poem, Dawn! I especially loved these lines:
    “The Living Word of God
    Eternal Mighty Sword
    Cast out the evil one
    by a Three Strand Cord
    God, the Father, Son and Spirit
    Triune, Holy Lord”
    They speak volumes of the power of our Triune God and how He operates as such in our lives. Thank you. Blessings 🙂 x